• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Women and Bodybuilding.

Fadi, I think you're exaggerating a bit on the Soy. It's dangerous if consumed excessively (which is something Western culture tends to do with every new thing) but in moderation, it can be beneficial to women and men even.

Unlike people who are out to make a profit by pushing this liquid down our throats, I have no motive to exaggerate. However, I’m not here trying to convince anyone one way or the other. I’ve already stated earlier on that the so called benefits on this product are still out. So common sense would dictate that if the scientist cannot come to a conclusive decision on soy one way or the other; I’d stay the hell away from it. I can start talking about margarine, canola oil, and the rest of it. But as I’ve said, I’m not here with any hidden agenda and I’ve got nothing to gain by what I say. I can tell you this though; the big cooperations do not like someone like me, (which makes me feel absolutely great).
There are many people who would have your opinion BoyFromAus; I'm not one of them.

Fadi.

Bree,

I see nothing to be confused about really. If Sydney water was to say that we may (just may) have some pollution in our water supply, would you then be drinking Sydney's tap water? That's right, I wouldn't either. So what's the difference here?

Anything, and I mean anything that has the potential to exert some change on my hormones through the endocrine system; I'd want to fully understand before delving in. But hey, that's me; what do I know?

Fadi.

I see nothing to be confused about really. If Sydney water was to say that we may (just may) have some pollution in our water supply, would you then be drinking Sydney's tap water? That's right, I wouldn't either. So what's the difference here?[/FONT][/COLOR]

I would probably say it's all media hype and drink the water as a protest against Today Tonight and The Telegraph :D

But if you apply that theory, what about red meat? It has pretty strong links to certain cancers, if consumed in large amounts as many strength trainers do.

And what about soy in forms like edamame? It's not processed, but it is still soy?

But if you apply that theory, what about red meat? It has pretty strong links to certain cancers, if consumed in large amounts as many strength trainers do.

And what about soy in forms like edamame? It's not processed, but it is still soy?

I’m not a hypocrite Bree, I’m originally from Lebanon, came to this wonderful country as a young boy of 12. I was brought up on the best diet in the world, none other than the Mediterranean diet. Red meat consumption here amounts to no more than once a month. Now that I’ve said that, you’re going to get a shock when you take a look at my Olympic weightlifting diet where 30 eggs and 3kg of meat a day were the norm for me. But that is an exception and NOT the rule and it lasted for a short time and not a life time.
Edamame? Never heard of it Bree. I looked it up on the net and it seems to be immature soy beans which are boiled etc. I can’t say anything about that. From what I’ve read, the only safer soy is the fermented type. But was edamame the product you were thinking of when we started this posts or was it soy milk?

Fadi.

The main form of soy I consume is soy milk, which seems to be the form of soy most often discussed. But I am curious to know if hormonal theories about soy extend to it's true form ie soy beans like edamame.

I'm in no way calling you a hypocrite, but the point I am trying to make is that every food source has been considered 'bad' at some stage.

The other issue I find with the science behind soy is that it is incredibly contradictory. Consume soy to prevent heart disease, consume soy to limit the affects of menopause (not a problem for me yet, but will be one day) and on the other hand I hear avoid soy because it is linked to certain cancers.

I do feel that hormones are misunderstood and their importance underestimated by the medical profession, but hormone therapy is a pretty controversial area. Just look at all of the fuss over the pill- take it you increase you risk of breast cancer, but decrease your chance of ovarian cancer.

I would just like to go back to Katie's post and say that I really admire and respect women who lift heavy weights you should be really proud of your achievements. I do understand how you feel I always feel self-consious at the gym I go to because I am always the only female lifting weights & everyone stares at me but I am happy with the way I look so I try to just ignore it. Polly :)

I know exactly how you feel Polly. I try to go to the gym at times when there is the least amount of people as they are mostly guys & I feel like I am in the boys toy room. I can lift quite heavy for a female but the guys just lift so much more weight than me I feel kinda outta place sometimes.

Chussen and Polly
I try to go to the gym at times when there is the least amount of people as they are mostly guys & I feel like I am in the boys toy room. I can lift quite heavy for a female but the guys just lift so much more weight than me I feel kinda outta place sometimes.

You are the Queens when you walk into the gym arena; It's YOUR domain and the men are but your slaves, lifting the heavy weights for you. Re-read this if you haven't already Ladies: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-train...-not-allow-externals-determine-internals.html

Fadi.

My Fiancee has been doing cardio and light weights for ages. She gets 4 sessions a week in and would only use the machine's in the Women's part of the gym.

I have since taught her dumbbell presses, military presses, squats, and Rows (We are working on that). She is loving it, next is Deadlifts. She loves throwing around proper weights and not the pink girlie weights in the Woman's gym. At 49kg she goes pretty damn good!!

Women are the powerhouses of our societies if they only knew it; the gym arena should be no different.

Come on ladies, go and OWN it.

Fadi.

I know exactly how you feel Polly. I try to go to the gym at times when there is the least amount of people as they are mostly guys & I feel like I am in the boys toy room. I can lift quite heavy for a female but the guys just lift so much more weight than me I feel kinda outta place sometimes.

When you look at it as inspiration rather than intimidation, then it's a lot different.

Even amongst the men, there are the new guys (like myself) who can't lift anywhere near the amount that ppl like Fadi can. If I look at the big guys and get intimidated, that's just detrimental to me. But if I look at the big guys and get inspired, i'm gonna go towards their direction.

Would you like some meth with your soy?
Not sure whether you mean methylated spirits or speed, but either way, I don't think that anyone claims those are good for you.

But everything which some science says is good for you, and at the same time some other science says is bad for you, we should have a little bit of.

If all the science says it's good, we should have lots of it. If all the science says it's bad, we should have none of it.

So show me the science that says methylated spirits or speed are good for you.

But of course you knew that was what I meant, n00bs. A forum is a big conversation, and conversations are always most interesting and productive if people are straightforward and honest with each-other. For example, what is your real first name? Fadi, might be time for you to bump up that old thread.

Would you like some meth with your soy?

:D:D:D:D:D

no offence Kyle but sometimes your posts nearly put me to sleep, noobs is just having a joke and you have to over-analyse as usual and act all mature about it. get the stick out of your arse and loosen up a bit :cool:

:D:D:D:D:D

no offence Kyle but sometimes your posts nearly put me to sleep, noobs is just having a joke and you have to over-analyse as usual and act all mature about it. get the stick out of your arse and loosen up a bit :cool:

David, I'm not saying a word here, none! But I had to come in and tell you that I couldn't stop laughing because of your reply...:D:D!

PS: I remember this thread was about Women and bodybuilding?!

Fadi.