• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why lift heavy, when you could just lift light?

Zane never lifted heavy so I guess it does work but he wasn't huge either..any other bodybuilders follow this method or simmaler? I prefer heavy to failure personally bigger and STRONGER for me

I have always liked trashing a bodypart once a week, over 5 workouts a week
for an hour with 18-25 sets and lifting around 70-80% of 1rm on the heavy sets.

Zane never lifted heavy so I guess it does work but he wasn't huge either..any other bodybuilders follow this method or simmaler? I prefer heavy to failure personally bigger and STRONGER for me

What do we perceive as 'heavy'
It's safe to say that no bodybuilder who has won the Olympia got there by lifting light weights.

It's safe to say that no bodybuilder who has won the Olympia got there by lifting light weights.

Zane if u look at old clips on YouTube done only rack pulls barely did squats above 80 kgs and trained light as fuck in high reps..google he's philosophy..he belives light weights strictly isolation mainly movements also he never bulked he stayed all year. Zane is a different kettle of fish to your platz Arnie columbo ect..at the he's biggest he's arms where 17 inches for an Olympian it's small mate

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-legend-of-zane-an-interview.html here he says earlier on he did power lifting but that's not won him the Olympia..[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]He was no ron coleman man there's heaps of stuff on line he was totally different trust me I idolised him for years and larry Scott they are totally different styles [/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

In regard to thread, training lighter with focus on form is also tough.

I am currently doing micro-cylcles consisting of light week, then medium, then heavy, and then repeat. I can honestly say light week workouts are tough as short rests (1m) and much greater focus on form.

This week i am doing heavy, but i find them much easier as have 3 minute rests on top set weights and just go for weight.

In regard to thread, training lighter with focus on form is also tough.

I am currently doing micro-cylcles consisting of light week, then medium, then heavy, and then repeat. I can honestly say light week workouts are tough as short rests (1m) and much greater focus on form.

This week i am doing heavy, but i find them much easier as have 3 minute rests on top set weights and just go for weight.
Perhaps to put things in perspective we should define it as heavy and not so heavy.
There are many ways to skin a cat and as you've rightly pointed out spartacus, more reps and short rests between sets is much tougher.

Yes, i did a session with Gay Lewer once, see film of him training, who everyone thought trained too light even 30kg curls). I was fucked for days.

Never saw him go heavy once, in terms of weight, but intensity of struggle from good form was evident, as also reflected by his size.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUifwNdKio"]Garry lewer 6 times MR Australia "weight training" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
If you do the rep's correctly as apposed to using: momentum, an uncontrolled negative portion and an over exegerated body movement you will have no choice but to drop the weight as the intensity of work is much higher, even more efficiant if the rest between sets are kept to a minimum.

But the weight one uses is arbitrary in exercise.

Two people standing side by side of similar standing, more often than not one will move more than the other in certain exercises and less in others.

If you do the rep's correctly as apposed to using: momentum, an uncontrolled negative portion and an over exegerated body movement you will have no choice but to drop the weight as the intensity of work is much higher, even more efficiant if the rest between sets are kept to a minimum.

But the weight one uses is arbitrary in exercise.

Two people standing side by side of similar standing, more often than not one will move more than the other in certain exercises and less in others.

True zane always said alot of guys work there joints due to bad form..it's like at the gym guys putting there back in to curls on dumbells swinging away I come along and curl 10,12,14 kgs max and got bigger bis then them lol. Ego and wanting to look strong is no match for looking good and being strong in compounds. Bi"s need alot of iso work not 50 kg curls lol