• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why high intensity cardio exercise is bad for your heart

Taking it off topic…lol

I have always wanted Huskies since I was a kid of about 11, finally got them at 45, as we never had the space before, they are very demanding dogs exercise wise, they are only 6 month old now and they can run flat out for 10km without any dramas and still be asking for more, fully grown they will need to run at least 20-30km per day which is good for me. I have just ordered a set of pulling harnesses from them, so they can drain more energy. Looking of getting another one in about a year or two, a white one if I can find one at the right price.

These are pure bread Siberian Huskies and are worth about $1500 each, got them for $350 each through a friend of a friend who was breeding them, had to do my own vaccinations/microchips etc though.

Great dogs, I could have 10 of them but feeding them would send me broke they have huge appetites.

gee, 20-30 km per day. You'll have to hook the harness up like a Chariot, bugger running with them lol. They are nice dogs!

No I don't run, I use my mountain bike to exercise them, my running is too slow for them, I generally take them out in the bush as I am surrounded by it. There is only 70 people in town and I know pretty much all of them so they are used to the dogs now, everyone else here has pig chasing dogs, so mine are the odd ones out…lol…one of the local professional pig chasers checked them out the other day and commented that they would not make good pig dogs (he has four bull arabs), I just had to agree……I don't want these injured they are too pretty….

Best place to live, don't even have to lock my house or car any more, zero crime, surrounded by real people, that work hard and play hard, most do find it strange that I train with weights, but they don't really care. Camping fishing, hunting, horse riding and mud bomb racing are the main activities out here apart from drinking rum, I rock the AUSBB t shirts and it no longer raises an eyebrow, same with my dogs, locals just accept you who you are.

Best place to live, don't even have to lock my house or car any more, zero crime, surrounded by real people, that work hard and play hard, most do find it strange that I train with weights, but they don't really care. Camping fishing, hunting, horse riding and mud bomb racing are the main activities out here apart from drinking rum, I rock the AUSBB t shirts and it no longer raises an eyebrow, same with my dogs, locals just accept you who you are.

Lol. Never locked my car, house, boat or tractors.

If is see a horse I'll likely shoot it. Good for nothing they are.

After playing footy today and doing training a few times a week I can see how high intensity cardio is not good for longevity.

Last edited:
No I don't run, I use my mountain bike to exercise them, my running is too slow for them, I generally take them out in the bush as I am surrounded by it. There is only 70 people in town and I know pretty much all of them so they are used to the dogs now, everyone else here has pig chasing dogs, so mine are the odd ones out…lol…one of the local professional pig chasers checked them out the other day and commented that they would not make good pig dogs (he has four bull arabs), I just had to agree……I don't want these injured they are too pretty….

you from White Cliffs or somewhere like that?

Mungindi?

No I would seriously be locking my car there, as well as installing a good alarm system! Mungindi is on the qld boarder, actually it's half in qld and half NSW, based at Boomi, about 68 km west of Mungendi. It's a hidden treasure and great community.

Yeah the country lifestyle sure does sound idyllic. Might move there one day and find myself a country bumpkin. Heard that they are into the simpler things in life, not 20 carat rings on the third date kind of sloots.

Mate you are 100% correct, all they want is a few drinks down the pub, what a lot of people including myself do/did not realise there is so many jobs out here it's not funny, and money is great, and most of it is hands on out door work working on farms, and processing facilities. social life is so much better, have made more genuine friends here in 2 years than I have in my whole life in Sydney. Had the best Xmas ever here last year and no family in sight, just spend it with friends here locally

My misses got a basic job here, no qualifications required she loves going to work and clears over $1500 per week working on a cotton farm, I am on about the same give or take, and we are paying $80 rent for a four bedroom 2 bathroom house with ducted A/C and heating, three car garage, shed on around 4 acres, she was a Business Development Manager in Sydney and hated life, going to an office job every day doing the 9-5 grind. Now she is loving life and I have never looked back, kids are having the time of their life, schools are better resourced, better teachers as I know them personally and they ring me if there is any issues, I can go to the school any time and walk into the class room and be welcome.

Kids go fishing, dirt bike riding, yabby catching, pig hunting, horse riding etc they play in the mud and live a kids life, I feel sorry for kids having to grow up in cities, they miss out on so much.

We were shitting bricks when we left Sydney and sold up, not sure what was going to happen, best thing in my life I have even done, wish I did it earlier….

Last edited:
With regards to the original article while this type of exercise may increase your risk of arrythmias I would be more interested in a comparison of mortality beteeen those that do high intensity cardio vs those that do not.

If your overall mortality is reduced because of other benifits of the cardio it makes it a moot point..

Not smoking increases your risk of ulcerative colitis, this doesn't mean we should all start smoking.

Mate you are 100% correct, all they want is a few drinks down the pub, what a lot of people including myself do/did not realise there is so many jobs out here it's not funny, and money is great, and most of it is hands on out door work working on farms, and processing facilities. social life is so much better, have made more genuine friends here in 2 years than I have in my whole life in Sydney. Had the best Xmas ever here last year and no family in sight, just spend it with friends here locally

My misses got a basic job here, no qualifications required she loves going to work and clears over $1500 per week working on a cotton farm, I am on about the same give or take, and we are paying $80 rent for a four bedroom 2 bathroom house with ducted A/C and heating, three car garage, shed on around 4 acres, she was a Business Development Manager in Sydney and hated life, going to an office job every day doing the 9-5 grind. Now she is loving life and I have never looked back, kids are having the time of their life, schools are better resourced, better teachers as I know them personally and they ring me if there is any issues, I can go to the school any time and walk into the class room and be welcome.

Kids go fishing, dirt bike riding, yabby catching, pig hunting, horse riding etc they play in the mud and live a kids life, I feel sorry for kids having to grow up in cities, they miss out on so much.

We were shitting bricks when we left Sydney and sold up, not sure what was going to happen, best thing in my life I have even done, wish I did it earlier….

Sounds like a pretty good lifestyle mate.