• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Fitness is a Dying Industry

Its def not a dying industry - it is an industry that has seen a huge spike over the last 5 years - or course in time it will level out - but it will never die - there will always be people wanting to look better, drop weight, drink the latest protein shake, take the latest weightloss pill - the health industry is one of the most "healthy" industries in the world.

Is the industry really focused on getting results for people, getting fitter, getting bigger etc etc - no not at all - its all about that money - that is the same with pretty much anyother industry in the world though.

Yep its definitely not a dying industry but its a industry based on bullshit.

People are after the next magic supplement or the next fitness or diet fad.

When I started training only 11 years ago - me and one other mate trained and we were seen as "weird", "Strange" by our other mates/people at school etc - I bought protein, I had protein bars, when people were eating sandwiches at lunch I was eating pasta and steak or chicken haha - since the Zyzz generation has moved in its seen as weird not to train, not to have protein - 14 year old girls are now taking protein to "get that booooty" - everyman and his dog are in the gym now. I cant even think what it would of been like 20 years ago, 30, 40 years ago - would of been great haha

When I started training only 11 years ago - me and one other mate trained and we were seen as "weird", "Strange" by our other mates/people at school etc - I bought protein, I had protein bars, when people were eating sandwiches at lunch I was eating pasta and steak or chicken haha - since the Zyzz generation has moved in its seen as weird not to train, not to have protein - 14 year old girls are now taking protein to "get that booooty" - everyman and his dog are in the gym now. I cant even think what it would of been like 20 years ago, 30, 40 years ago - would of been great haha

Really. Can't remember it being seen as weird when I started. Wasn't as many supps around, or beginners on gear but it was seen as pretty normal where I was anyway.

When I was 18, people thought going to the gym was what gay people did, my mum was concerned I liked other men.

The problem these days is 'fitness' is not about being fit and healthy, its about doing whatever it takes to get as big and shredded as possible.

The problem these days is 'fitness' is not about being fit and healthy, its about doing whatever it takes to get as big and shredded as possible.

Don't agree with that at all. Sure a few guys might be of that nature but the majority of the industry or people that like to stay active certainly aren't. Every second person seems to be a PT that runs a bootcamp and they're not empty sessions, still plenty of people signing up.
Also a lot of guys that I see training aren't looking to get any bigger

Still plenty of fat chicks around willing to pay for a trainer to get sknny.

Never could understand this one. Is the trainer around when they choose to have that double decker black forrest chocolate cheesecake as their 'treat' for being such a good girl and rocking up to the gym that day? lol

Never could understand this one. Is the trainer around when they choose to have that double decker black forrest chocolate cheesecake as their 'treat' for being such a good girl and rocking up to the gym that day? lol

I suppose a trainer gets them off their arse to to a session.

I suppose a trainer gets them off their arse to to a session.

It's this. I thought all PTs were a total wank (IE paying someone to be your friend for a few hours a week) until I saw how a trainer motivated my mrs to start eating better and actually rock up to a gym to train. I agree they all run bootcamps these days, they seem fairly lucrative tbh - pay $10 or so a head to do the same shit in the park you could do with a bit of self motivation.