• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why do so many people train on the same stupid split routine?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this body parts combination began back in the late 70s early 80s, as one of the most popular bodybuilders back then Mr Frank Zane (Mr Olympia) used to combine them that way. The idea was to take injury prevention into consideration here, since the shoulder joints would have warmed up well after doing the chest, and the triceps/elbow joints would have also warmed up after doing some shoulder movements.

Now everyone has their particular reason for performing their split (if there was going to be a split) in a certain manner. There's not much that is an absolute correct or an absolute wrong way in the sport of bodybuilding. The ultimate program for each and every bodybuilder out there is exactly the same (even though it's not the "same") and that in a word is called: change. A change from what you're currently doing that is. As someone once said, the best program for you is the program you're not doing.

Bodybuilders are humans too, and humans as a rule do not like change, especially when something has worked for them for a time. Sometimes it takes a nudge from a friend to say hey, have you tried this or that, and before you know it, you're on a roll and a whole new program... with new added muscles to show for your (changed) effort.

A split, even one that you don't think much of, can work wonders for someone out there. So my advice is to always keep your options open and never be so rigid in either your thinking/belief or in your training regimen. A tree that bends with the wind will always outstand a solid and stiff tree that is a disaster waiting to crash down when enough wind (gale force) hits town.

Flexibility in both mind and body would always win the day over rigidity.

As the late Bruce Lee puts it: "be like water my friend", after having demonstrated how water can take the shape of everything it is put into.

Fadi.

Yes thank you for this, exactly what I was looking for. The original post at the time seems pretty ignorant but I was just pissed off since at the time I was the only one training differently out of the 7 other friends that I went to gym with that night and they just kinda tried making it seem like their way was the only way that worked, but it does make sense, thank you

I did read your posts. It affects you because you LET it. I was offering you advice. One day you won't give a shit about what people think and then you'll understand where I'm coming from.

You'll understand when you are older and wiser. Until then, there isn't really much point me saying any more.

I understand what your saying, original question was ignorant to of been said that way but yeah, just let it get to me on that occasion.

Doesn't get to me all the time, only when i'm the one who gets singled out in the group for being different lol, still have a lot to learn and i'm learning every day. Thanks

As has been pointed out, don't fucking let it get to you. Are your mates getting good results from their programs? You're transformation so far has been impressive. Just let your results do the talking, or hit the gym with them and show them who is boss.

i find it helps me squeeze out one more rep in most sets, especially since i don't have a training partner.
why does it make you cringe? think i'm hitting my chest too much? imo it's a weak area of mine. it's catching up n my next major focus will be my back, but for now, the pecs is where it's at for me :p
Train in a rack if your worried a bout failing or better still drink a cup of concrete.

The smith machine as stated doe not let your body use natural flow.

Also you say your chest is lagging and next magor focus is back...uhhmm how about training both so the come up together.

If your chest is"really" lagging hit it twice per week.
One day focus on bench press or dumbell press and one assistance (I like flyes) not smith machine and the next workout (2-3 days later) focus on dips.

P.S - Scrap the cable work. If you chest is lacking cables are not gonna bring it up, bench and dips will, use your energy on these not cables.

Yes thank you for this, exactly what I was looking for. The original post at the time seems pretty ignorant but I was just pissed off since at the time I was the only one training differently out of the 7 other friends that I went to gym with that night and they just kinda tried making it seem like their way was the only way that worked, but it does make sense, thank you
Don't even mention it brother. You ought to be very proud of your two current achievements as I see them:

1. You were intelligent enough to notice a point of difference between your way and your friends' way of training. However you did not leave it there but you were wise enough to question it; reflect on it. Sure, you may have over reacted a little, but that only proves that you're a normal human being who is...

2. …on a journey of personal growth as much as he is on a journey of muscle growth.

I see a winner and a thinker right there. So it's a well done from me Sam.

Fadi.