• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why do i not get muscle PUMPS??

S

sicr1000

I train 3 days a week and go as hard as i can and i still dont get muscle PUMPS.

The only time i ever got a crazy PUMP was when i had some NO-XPLODE before a workout and was doing EZY-BAR curls and man did my arms turn into crowbars.

Any suggestions to getting the PUMPS back and are they a good thing to have anyway??

I train 3 days a week and go as hard as i can and i still dont get muscle PUMPS.

The only time i ever got a crazy PUMP was when i had some NO-XPLODE before a workout and was doing EZY-BAR curls and man did my arms turn into crowbars.

Any suggestions to getting the PUMPS back and are they a good thing to have anyway??
why do you personally wish to achieve a pump?

I suppose it doesnot really matter if i get them or not i just would like to know why i get them sometimes and sometimes i dont.

* overtrained
* not eating enough
* not drinking enough
* sick

- I have found these to be the biggest factors to not getting a "pump" - not that I give a shit about the pump but I have def noticed when one of these is out or all 3 I find it really hard to get a "pump" - I was over-trained as **** acouple of weeks ago and whatever I did it felt like there was no blood flow to the muscle at all - very weird.

little vague with the post but try these changes for 7 days and see how it goes
NO CAFFINE....AT ALL
drink more water like s@#t loads
eat carbs before u train
do 5-10 mins warm up on bike or jump rope before you lift dont over do it but get things warmed up and pumping

pump looks grt bud but doesnt prove gain just like the next day aches prob mean you didnt eat rite saying that we all like to be pumped and me personnally dont mind alittle ache the next day just lets me know ive been there

Hi mate,

I have the opposite problem.

I cant train biceps and triceps in the same workout or I get pins and needles in my hands. when I go to bed they go numb. But this only happens when I am obsessed with the tape measure.

My best arm pump comes from:
CARB UP
Lots of rice for tea night before workout day, high carb breakfast, loads rice lunch, mars bar 30 to 40 mins before workout. Drink lots of water during the load up.

BICEPS TRICEPS PUMP WO

Superset 1 ( Do four times )
Dips 12 reps to failure superset with 2 arms together seated dumbell curls slow squeeze hold 2 sec at top

Superset 2 ( Do 3 or 4 times )
Triceps cable push downs 10 reps to failure superset with straight bar cable curls on rower. Bar to forehead. Slow.. hold each rep 2 sec at the top.

Never more than 1 min between supersets and never more than 20 sec rest from tricep to bicep movement.

I have managed to pump my poor arms up a whole inch on the tape measure using the above.

Please not that the workout is only to pump to measure arms. Does it make them grow? Don't know. I don't do it often enough to tell.

Have fun

Last edited:
CARB UP
Lots of rice for tea night before workout day, high carb breakfast, loads rice lunch, mars bar 30 to 40 mins before workout. Drink lots of water during the load up.

No doubt your waitline would get a nice pump too.

You used no xplod PUMP easy girl bar all i nthe same sentance perhaps re asses your training..

Can't believe this hasn't been asked already. What's your rep range? If you're doing very low reps, there's not that much blood going in compared to when you're doing upwards of 12-15 reps. Try do 3 heavy curls then do 15 lighter ones. If it still fails to give you a pump, and you really really want to experience it, go get some NO-xplode. that shit will sap your sleep and give you a pump in no time!

What's the point of sacraficing sleep to get a muscle pump? And what's the point of using some overpriced caffeninated product to get what a good diet and hard work can do?

Make sure your form is good. Full rep range. Slow and heavy! Then finish with high rep sets nice and slow. That always does me.
Posted via Mobile Device