• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Cant I EaT!!!!!

wannabstrong

Over the last few weeks I have become very reluctant to eat after training, i realise everybodies comments will be to harden up, but i figure it is better to leave eating for maybe a hour or two then to vomit it back up straight after training.
Anybody else get this?

I understand the feeling but it is very important to have some nutrients after training or a lot of the hardwork you have done in the gym will be lost. I have got round this problem by having a protein shake and a vital greeens drink after my training session as I find the liquids are no problem.

I understand the feeling but it is very important to have some nutrients after training or a lot of the hardwork you have done in the gym will be lost. I have got round this problem by having a protein shake and a vital greeens drink after my training session as I find the liquids are no problem.

What about the meal you had before training, wouldn't that still be available for your body to use?
What actually happens to your body if you don't eat for an hour or 2 after working out?

It's more important to focus on what you eat throughout the week, not your pre or post meal.

Agree with this.

Can't imagine guys who do some very heavy/intense lifting in their work having to stop and eat every 20 minutes or so.

I have had this happen to me. Try not to let it get to you because it plays with your head. Hopefully it should pass.

Can you tell us exactly what you ate during the whole day, the last time it happened?

The vital greens is essentially a powdered muti-vitamin made from vegetables (hence the name). I find taking this a big help but any small snack will help as long as its got some protein and carbs in it. Also make sure you are hydrated one reaction to being dehydrated is nausea especially if you eat food. Just my thoughts from painful personal experience.

Originally i'd eat a meal and a whey shake after my workout. Latelly i seem to just have the shake most of the time, and eat the rest of my meal as per normal. I havn't noticed any change in my gains so i think as long your not starving yourself you'll be fine.