• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why are you STILL doing low volume training?

I think it's largely unnecessary. Everyone is different, they have their own work capacities. The only thing the table demonstrates is the relationship between volume and intensity. I find the notion that a specific number of reps at a specific intensity to be optimal completely outlandish

Pritchard do you think the russians are right on the science or do you think they have just stumbled on an efficent system that works?

There is many ways to skin a cat. By my limited experience with sheiko has shown lighter weights can pay big dividends

Last edited:
Pritchard do you think the russians are right on the science or do you think they have just stumbled on an efficent system that works?

There is many ways to skin a cat. By my limited experience with sheiko has shown lighter weights can pay big dividends

There are many ways to skin the cat. The Russian approaches are all based on research, but they offer a generalized picture of what they take to be optimal. It's a starting point. Sheiko is just one coach who applies the principles in his own way- but the underlying picture it's based on is not his. The only reason sheiko is so big for English speakers is because his stuff is on the Internet.
All the Russians I have spoken to say you shouldn't just follow written plans - they must be developed to suit the individual.

Anyone who is already putting up 140/100/180 at under 100kg BW is not going to see a 20kg increase in their 1RM in such a short time frame from simply increasing volume. I dont know how freakish some peoples genetics are but if i can gain 20kg on my squat in a year im pretty stoked! When you have full time work and shifts vary etc. gym time becomes more about quality of training over quantity ( less volume using most important lifts only for the highest effort ).

That study like most other studies conducted in bodybuilding/strength training are more based around students who have consistency and time to train when and how they want with little interruption.

If you are short on time you need to increase your work capacity to fit more into a shorter time frame

Since I started training with Chucky as ESP (who Spritha will tell you border lines on a cardio bunny lol) I probably do more volume in 1 squat or bench session than I was across the whole week
It sucks trying to keep up with him but I'm likely to get a lot stronger that way