• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Bazza, I will decide, but will listen to all until late friday.

I am just concerned about making it fair to all types of athletes: strength and endurance. I don't want four events disadvantaging strength and aiding smaller guys.

I hope you guys agree: big guys should have chance in at least 2 of 5 events.

Bazza, I will decide, but will listen to all until late friday.

I am just concerned about making it fair to all types of athletes: strength and endurance. I don't want four events disadvantaging strength and aiding smaller guys.

Listen to people and all they are doing is pushing the events they are best all.

Little guys want bench bodyweight for reps, big guys want to cut down on the running.

Just pick what you think.

As it stands, a good runner has an enormous advantage.

It is a lot easier to get a score of 70% for running as a % of world records, than say for lifting.

I am open to ideas on scoring, and will also need to put on my thinking cap. All the more reason, why we need a few pure strength lifts.

Last edited:
All sounds good to me.

For chins, I'd say pick any grip you want. As long as it is full ROM. Some people have shoulder/elbow issues and don't really have a choice what they can do.

I can't bench press for shit anyway so I don't care if it is for reps or 1rm. I'd say 1rm would be far easier to judge though as I've seen a few of those bw for reps comps at expos with some dodgy form. (bouncing, not locking out, butt off bench etc)

yes, I am thinking optional grip.

What I am concerned with is width of grip for chins, and how to make it fair and a long enough movement? Any ideas?

But, I am thinking as long as movement is full and strict, no problem.

Last edited:
As it stands, a good runner has an enormous advantage.

It is a lot easier to get a score of 70% for running as a % of world records, than say for lifting.

I am open to ideas on scoring, and will also need to put on my thinking cap. All the more reason, why we need a few pure strength lifts.

Just a idea, sub out one run for a leg based movement bw squats or 100lunges with 20kg plate above head, as there is no real leg workout involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, but bw squats can be subjective given people differ in terms of rest between reps.

I want to test strength, speed, power and endurance, but through tests that are easy to judge.

Running is very basic for both speed and endurance, the two heavy lifts are for strength and power, and chin-ups for upper bw strength given legs work in 3 of 5 events.

Any rep test will have a no pause rule.

Last edited:
Clean and jerk - strength, speed, power
Bench Press - strength
400m run - speed, endurance
1600m run endurance
chin ups strength, endurance

strength x 3, speed x 2, power x 1, endurance x 3

Needs more power?

maybe separate the clean and jerk?

I would have 100m but wind reading can be deceiving and we wold all wait for hurricane.

I could make it 200m, as wind advantage not as great.

A shorter sprint would be more power.

but good 400m runners normally have pretty good power. 400m a lot of pain, bur not pure endurance.

it is hard to get a perfect mix.

Decathlon recognised as best all round athlete, yet 9 of 10 events require great power.

Spartacus I totally agree with Bazza

list the events, you'd like and let's go!

there is always opportunity this year to do another, with a different list of exercises.

yes, I am pretty much decided on five events, as suggested early.

2 running events, 2 max lifts, and chin-ups (strict)

Just interested in thoughts to fine tune and highlight problems which may need to be addressed.

Want three officials, myself, Silverback and Darkoz (if interested). We will decide legitimacy of times and lifts for this year.