• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who here swims for excersise

I am not a good swimmer, but do about 200m-300m freestyle and breast stroke, but only occasionally.

Would like to get back to swimming once per week.

not a strong swimmer here either , but something i have been wanting to work on , just to spice things up a bit

I use to swim at work, 25m pool, wait for the red hand to hit the top of the clock, swim up and back, go again when the red hand touches 0, usually have about 15secs rest and we'd do 20 laps. Haven't swam for a couple of months now.

I actually think is a good way to recover after a workout, being in the water for light swim and then spa.

Last edited:
Swim heaps, but nothing too fast. I do about 1km of freestyle in 30 minutes at the local pool

fuck thats pretty good mate! [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION];

Last edited:
I do some ocean swimming once a week. only about 50m at a time. I swim across a bay, then run 400m around the bay and back in. I repeat that like an idiot 10 or so times, so i get a bit of swimming and running done at once. I swim with my shoes on now as running barefoot is no good. I love the swimming part of my training. Usually the ocean is warm enough to swim in until May

Yeah i have always been a big swimmer, I find after 40 minutes or so i start to cramp up. Always swim without flippers too, exercises the arms and upper body very well. Flippers tire my legs out in no time at all