• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which rack? Force USA for Muscle Motion commercial

I have no idea wtf 'Daves 4 life' means, but I like it. Good work Dances With Daves.

Why are you looking at the commercial ones? Do you own a gym? My rack has taken allot of punishment with 300+kg squats and deads.

I currently have a powertec rack and am sick of the way it always move when you re-rack the bar. I want something heavier that I can bolt down, and something has weight storage and these racks look pretty nice too.

Bumping an old thread.
Has anyone got the new force commercial rack
Any feedback?

I am going to bump this thread again. hopefully I can get an answer from someone who owns this rack.

Commercial Power Rack

What is the height of the bottom crossmembers from the floor? Will I be able to deadlift inside the rack using 450mm bumper plates?

What is the height of the top crossmembers. I would like to know the height of the lowest point to see if I will be able to do overhead movements inside the rack.

Are there any problems with having 450mm bumpers on the weight storage and on a barbell racked on the back of the rack? enough clearance?

Is the thing as tough as it looks?

What accessories are actually included? the photos have all the bells and whistles, but the blurbs all have fairly poor descriptions ie 2x safeties...which ones?

Should I forget about this rack and get the muscle motion commercial rack, or something else all together? open to ideas, but it has to be low enough to deadlift in, and I would love it to be tall enough to press in. I am 180cm if that is of any help.
My reasons for needing to use the space inside the rack are due to size, floor slope, and ceiling height of my garage gym room.

I will be sending these questions to gym and fitness to try and get a response, but I would love answers from someone who owns the rack and isn't a salesman.

Rob

Rob, I have the MM commercial rack. It is awesome and never moves as I have about 200-300 kg stored on it and it weighs 250kg or something like that.

I bought it because it was cheaper than the Force one at the time and I had actually seen a MM rack in the flesh so to say.

Reading all the feedback on here, the only real difference seems to be the width.....the new Force racks may be slightly slimmer now so the bar has some space for racking it easier.

I would suggest looking at how good a deal you can get if you plan to bundle your purchase with other stuff because I think both racks are really good products.

Thanks mate,

Graeme from little bloke fitness was as helpful as ever, got back to me straight away with as much info as he could give me. unfortunately he didn't have one set up in the showroom so I couldn't get all the info I need.

Still waiting on a reply email from gym and fitness.

I might send a copy of my post to force and see if they can help me out.

I have also sent off an email to a USA company about possibly getting a rack shipped over from the states. Obviously this all depends on what sort of shipping quote they can arrange for something that weighs 150-200kg. I have zero idea what to expect so I am not getting my hopes up too much.

pretty sure neither the MM or Force commercial racks allow you to deadlift from within the rack. The side crossmembers sit too high. I remember looking into it when I considering them. You might look at the Cyber Market version (HD3) which has the side crossmembers sitting on the ground. They are all pretty huge racks. If space was at a premium I would just get a more heavy duty normal size rack (eg Force F-PC) OR this half rack (which is around 140kg and has plate storage that when filled would make for a very study unit): HD2 Half Rack with Chinup Bar and Spotter Bars | HD2 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

I am going to bump this thread again. hopefully I can get an answer from someone who owns this rack.

Commercial Power Rack

What is the height of the bottom crossmembers from the floor? Will I be able to deadlift inside the rack using 450mm bumper plates?
No - 240mm
What is the height of the top crossmembers. I would like to know the height of the lowest point to see if I will be able to do overhead movements inside the rack.
I'm 6 ft and can easily although I prefer to do that stuff in the front part. Its roughly 2.1 meters tall for the record.
Are there any problems with having 450mm bumpers on the weight storage and on a barbell racked on the back of the rack? enough clearance?
I just measure and got 440mm gap on the bottom 3 posts. I've got rubber coated 20kg's and they fit comfortably in the bottom posts. The higher ones are closer.
Is the thing as tough as it looks?
Very tough
What accessories are actually included? the photos have all the bells and whistles, but the blurbs all have fairly poor descriptions ie 2x safeties...which ones?
This thing comes with more than I expected. 2 pairs of jhooks, and 2 pairs of a bar safety, the beam type safety and that other safety in the pictures which is about a foot long.

The way I use it I rarely have to change the things because its already set up for so many different things.

If I nitpick - The dip handles wobble a bit and 1 of the safety rails is very tight and started to scratch the paint off. I put vaseline on this and its made it much better. Every other safety and jhook moves real easy.

I got this from Graeme. I buy a fair bit of stuff online but nobody I have dealt with has been better than Graeme.

I hope this helps you. I've kept my post short and to the point to stop it dragging on to much. If you have any more questions I can do my best to answer.

pretty sure neither the MM or Force commercial racks allow you to deadlift from within the rack. The side crossmembers sit too high. I remember looking into it when I considering them. You might look at the Cyber Market version (HD3) which has the side crossmembers sitting on the ground. They are all pretty huge racks. If space was at a premium I would just get a more heavy duty normal size rack (eg Force F-PC) OR this half rack (which is around 140kg and has plate storage that when filled would make for a very study unit): HD2 Half Rack with Chinup Bar and Spotter Bars | HD2 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

Actually, yes that is correct....I do my deadlifts outside the rack due to the beams.

I hope this helps you.

Huge help, thank you. And thank you to everyone else who have posted their thoughts.

i have also hear back from gym and fitness. they have confirmed that the bottom cross members are too high to deadlift inside, and the top cross members are close, but probably just a fraction too short for a six foot tall person to OHP inside.

I keep searching, but it is looking like the best option might be to get a cheaper, smaller rack for the foreseeable future and if I end up needing something bigger and stronger upgrade later on when I have a more suitable garage space.

I'm 5ft11 and can't touch the top part of the rack with bar during overhead press unless
I hold the bar with both hands in the middle and stand on tiptoes
There's about 1-1.5cm gap for bumpers to the floor, so if you wanted to deadlift inside you could put 2cm of heavy rubber mats on the outside.
with fullsize bumpers I can only fit them on the bottom rung, and the 3rd one up.
They won't fit on the other ones.
The rungs allow 3 x 6cm 25kg bumpers on each.
Unless you have at least 3m x 3m of space this rack will be too big