• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which power rack should I buy?

R

RedViper

The place I'm going to put the power rack will fit 1600mm wide and 2290-2340mm high (ceiling is on a slope).

I'm currently looking at and considering buying:

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/shop/strength-equipment/racks/power-racks-and-cages/power-rack/

Including the dip attachment and postage, all up it'll cost me $700, which is the most I really want to spend on a power rack considering I still have to buy the bench and weights. Is this a good power rack? Should I get a 6ft or 7ft bar for it?

I've also looked at:

REVOLUTION POWER RACK

Powertec Power Rack

But am undecided about them. The first one hasn't got any reviews or proof of its weight capacity, and the second one is too expensive for me. So I'm leaning towards the GymDirect power rack but need advice! Thanks :)

I got that one with the dips attachment and am very happy with it. Use the discount code AUSBB for 10% off. You'll need a 7" bar, and make sure that you get an olympic one the first time around. No sense buying a standard set and having to sell it a couple of months down the line.