• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which last peices of equipment to get

After using the life fitness model calf raise at the gym I ordered the cyber fit Commercial calf raise which appears to be a replica. Just a lat pulldown to go now and some kind of punching bag.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thoughts on lat pull downs with two handles on cables rather than one central one?

From the ones I have used before they allow for better isolation in terms of one arm not compensating for the other which is good for ironing out muscle imbalances.

I'm going to see if I can do something similar with my cake crossover, but otherwise I might look at getting one with twin cables. A nautilus freedom trainer would probably kill a lot of birds with one very expensive stone

I'm going to see if I can do something similar with my cake crossover, but otherwise I might look at getting one with twin cables. A nautilus freedom trainer would probably kill a lot of birds with one very expensive stone

They are VERY VERY nice lol!

Picking up a used tuff stuff cx100 functional trainer tonight. Incorporates a lat pulldown and low row (with a full effective 300lbs) plus a good adjustable set of cable towers. This means my gym is complete but for a possible punching bag.

Also means I have essentially two cable crossovers :) probably still keep the old one since it has bigger weight stacks and wider and doesn't use up much real space.

Picking up a used tuff stuff cx100 functional trainer tonight. Incorporates a lat pulldown and low row (with a full effective 300lbs) plus a good adjustable set of cable towers. This means my gym is complete but for a possible punching bag.

There is ALWAYS room for more gear lol! :)

Nice find on the FT. You really do have a pretty comprehensive gym now.

Might be picking up a punching bag tonight as well 40kg plus tear drop shaped heavy bag.. Not quite sure where to hang it yet!

Just ordered a bag stand for my punching bag (think I'll shake the garage down otherwise). And that's done for now, waiting on my bag stand and seated calf to arrive, need to reassemble the new tuff stuff trainer and gym is built

$1500 pick up from a personal training studio, could probably get cheaper I just specifically wanted the lat pulldown and low row extra cables this one has

ebaja4e4.jpg

Currently hoping courier manages to unload 70kg seated calf raise at my house by hand today (no tail lift, apparently he's going to give it a go in contravention of everything OHS)

(tricky to get heavy items delivered when you can't be home during the day!)

Currently hoping courier manages to unload 70kg seated calf raise at my house by hand today (no tail lift, apparently he's going to give it a go in contravention of everything OHS)

(tricky to get heavy items delivered when you can't be home during the day!)

what brand of seated calf press did you get? One of my favourite exercises as it really blows them up.

Cyber fit copy of life fitness.. Assuming I can get it delivered! (not being able to be home on a weekday being the issue here)

7aja8u7u.jpg

Punching bag added :)
Just waiting for my seared calf raise and all my equipment should be in place