• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which diet should I do?

I dont lose strength on Keto but I make sure I dont have a heavy training agenda in the first 2 weeks.

If your goal is LBM retention while cutting you should be reducing volume no what what type of diet you are on. The only people who couldn't would be the HIT crowd I guess as you can't really reduce 1 set :p

Intensity should stay high.

For most people with non elite strength levels and are noticing strength loss or even a significant loss of ability to do volume when cutting something is wrong with the diet.

Most likely too low calories and carbs.

Running is the best exercises because it helps you get rid of the calorie consumption,
Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline burns up up 180 calorie consumption in Half an hour, Bicycling and Swimming of Half an hour burns up up 400 to 500 calorie consumption....

Don't forget the cardio

cbf reading any responses. I recently lost 6-7 kgs using a revolutionary approach. I ate less food.

Try this approach: eat 500-1000 calories less per day than needed to meet energy needs. Stick to sensible balance needed for results and good health, about 20% protein (maybe 15-25%), 15-20% fat, and 60% CARBS.

Aim to lose weight slowly (less likely to lose much muscle), do weights, and incorporate average half hour per day light aerobic activity.

Lost 3kg so far on IIFYM tracking with myfitnesspal on my phone. Lost some cm off the waist.

Only problem is gym is bloody hard when restricting calories. Was still trying to increase weight each session and hurt my left trap on too heavy deadlift.

Doing cardio only for 2 weeks to recover then switching to 8 reps instead of 5 and using lower weight. I guess I should stop focussing on strength while losing weight.

Will try to focus..

Lost 3kg so far on IIFYM tracking with myfitnesspal on my phone. Lost some cm off the waist.

Only problem is gym is bloody hard when restricting calories. Was still trying to increase weight each session and hurt my left trap on too heavy deadlift.

Doing cardio only for 2 weeks to recover then switching to 8 reps instead of 5 and using lower weight. I guess I should stop focussing on strength while losing weight.

Will try to focus..

Unless you are at an elite level you should still be to gain strength while restricting calories.

If you can't you likely have calories, carbs or both too low.