• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to next?

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Hey guys,

well for the last 5-6 months or so things for me have improved somewhat... i have cut down on the junk food, been training on the weights and machines most weekday mornings, going for a 4-6 km walk/run every weekday afternoon.

Results?
- BF of around 37-38%
- Weight touching on 150 kilos
- Endurance has improved heaps
- Muscle strength has increased some

What i want:

- Cut bf to 20%
- Increase muscle mass/strength, particularly in my arms, forearms chest and legs
- Limit my caloric intake to xxxx cals per day (2000?)
- Get to that point within 12-20 weeks

What i have:

- The habit of waking up at about 5:30 am to go to the gym before work and spend 60 minutes there, possibly longer
- Lots of time in the afternoon after work
- The urge to go to the gym on weekends

What i need:

- A fitness plan and an eating plan.

then no specific regime is needed.
Lift 3-4 days per week and HIIT or cardo 3 days per week. You still have so much to lose no need to worry about specifics. At your weight 2000 cals is probably too low. A 70kg person would eat that.

Hey guys,

well for the last 5-6 months or so things for me have improved somewhat... i have cut down on the junk food, been training on the weights and machines most weekday mornings, going for a 4-6 km walk/run every weekday afternoon.

Results?
- BF of around 37-38%
- Weight touching on 150 kilos
- Endurance has improved heaps
- Muscle strength has increased some

What i want:

- Cut bf to 20%
- Increase muscle mass/strength, particularly in my arms, forearms chest and legs
- Limit my caloric intake to xxxx cals per day (2000?)
- Get to that point within 12-20 weeks

What i have:

- The habit of waking up at about 5:30 am to go to the gym before work and spend 60 minutes there, possibly longer
- Lots of time in the afternoon after work
- The urge to go to the gym on weekends

What i need:

- A fitness plan and an eating plan.

I myself have weighed 150kg+

my advice would be to lift heavy 4-5 times a week and do 3-4 cardio sessions, whether its HIIT or steady its up to plenty of choices out there.

In terms of diet start your calories higher 3000-3500 and reduce down when you hit a plateau. I could tell what foods to eat but its really up to you to eat the food you like and make up a diet you can maintain. plenty of protein, veggies and fruit is the way to go.

There are plenty of basic routines out there you can follow and plenty on this forum to get the results you are after.
I'm more then happy to do you up a routine and eating plan working with you if you cant find what you are after.

Best of luck bud

Last edited:
I am keen to get me an auger juicer and start a juicing diet for at least 10 days (nothing but juice). I am fit enough to do a lot of things at the moment, my diet is pretty ordinary (bad) and i work in an office environment surrounded by health professionals... a lot better environment than the mines i use to work in for something like this. It will begin ont he 90 day body transformation challenge on the 1st of Jan

Yeah man, i got a lot of fat to burn off

Edit: Besides, i will post up every day what its like to see if it works or if its shit. Call it a peer review :)

Fuck 3000-3500 calories, work out what you're eating now to maintain and reduce. If you're maintaining on 2500-3000 that could be a disaster.

Don't aim to drop 50kg in 20 weeks, or whatever you need for 20% - won't happen. Try for 0.5kg-0.75kg/week, do it gradually. Don't expect strength to go up while you're doing this though it MIGHT. And yeah I've dropped over 50kg before... do it slow and steady.

Well i went to see a doctor on site, she has said:

- Calorie counting is the best way to 'diet'
- For rapid weight loss, a maximum of 1500 to 2000 calories per day is a goal
- Any modified fasting diet you need to take protein supplements as well as calcium
- Probably also need some vitamin supplements
- Lots of water too, 2 litres a day at least
- Eliminate the 'empty calories', things like sweets, sugary foods, soft drinks.
- Meal replacements + calorie counted meals (aka frozen dinners) are great

I wouldn't suggest a juice diet for anyone. If the fiber is stripped out you're basically just drinking sugar.

Personally I don't find liquid foods (juice, smoothies, soups) to be filling either, but YMMV.

You want a diet that you can maintain, not a fad that will throw your body around, make you feel shit, and ultimately make you put on weight from the rebound.

Well i went to see a doctor on site, she has said:

- Calorie counting is the best way to 'diet'
YES
- For rapid weight loss, a maximum of 1500 to 2000 calories per day is a goal
Probably, but not if youre metabolism is very very fast.
- Any modified fasting diet you need to take protein supplements as well as calcium
Do not drink any calories, BCAAs/creatine are fine but no fucking protein powders unless you want to be hungry - chicken breast instead.
- Probably also need some vitamin supplements
- Lots of water too, 2 litres a day at least
- Eliminate the 'empty calories', things like sweets, sugary foods, soft drinks.
- Meal replacements + calorie counted meals (aka frozen dinners) are great
meal replacements are fucking terrible if youre referring to liquid shakes. Again, DO NOT DRINK CALORIES unless you want to be hungry - exception is black coffee

Agree with most, see my comments. Do not drink calories..... drinks dont fill you up. Makes dieting harder.