• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to find Tyre?

siiiski

Looking to get a tyre to do some flips and sledgehammer work, anyone got any ideas where i can find them? Been checking out gumtree and allclassifieds without much luck, i assume i'd be able to find someone giving them away somewhere?

I'm located in Canberra if that helps.

Go to a local tyre place that deals with large vehicles, I am sure they will be more than happy to offload an old tractor tyre.

View attachment 7456
Something like this??
Somewhere that looks after tractors. I got these two for free after making a few phone calls. It costs to dump them, most places are happy for you to pick them up.
There'd be plenty of John Deere or the like on the outskirts of Canberra yeh?

Last edited:
exactly what i'm looking for mate. Will have to make a few phone calls Monday i guess and see what i can find out. Thanks

Don't understand the appeal meself. Unless you like to attarct attention in the parking lot. Srsly. Tyres r 4 tools.

Don't understand the appeal meself. Unless you like to attarct attention in the parking lot. Srsly. Tyres r 4 tools.

Yeh not for everyone but I enjoy training with them and so do a few others!
No need for name calling mate. You should try it, it can be a good workout and test of strength.

Last edited:
People like differently things mate, I think it's a good conditioning tool especially for someone who works out at home, chuck it in the backyard and away you go, assuming you have room :p. Have you ever tried it? If not don't knock it til you try it.

Can't help the fact I laugh when I see ppl flipping them. But I'm open to facts. Does it work for ya?

Works for me. I'm always puffed, pumped and spent after a session with the tyre.
Was good for rugby specific stuff like cleaning people off the ball who were low to te ground.

Like what has said go to a tyre place that deals with tractors and they will happily give you them for free.