• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to buy spare pulleys/cables

R

Ryzaar

Hey there!

Hopefully this is the correct board for this post... I tried a search and couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd register and ask!

I recently bought a home multigym, no amazing brand name and it was under $1000. Everything is going great with it, seems very stable and sturdy. The only problem with it is an attached leg press machine which can lift up to 95kg. I like doing calf raises with this, but it seems that the constant friction has rubbed through the coating of the cable. I was hoping to find a more durable replacement for this within Australia (best places I can find are in the USA, darn).

Additionally, the low-pull cable is meant to be guided by a pulley in the middle of the home gym, however it sits JUST under the reach of the pulley, making it quite easy to slip to the side and graze the edge of the metal when performing leg extensions. I'm not sure of the pulley dimensions, but the easiest fix I can think of will be a slightly larger pulley, if such a thing exists.

Could anyone point me in the right directions for suppliers? I've been Googling for ages, but all I can find are overpriced items or USA/UK sites. Also doesn't help that I live in Adelaide - I keep finding a bunch of NSW showrooms that are supposed to stock spare parts (only available in-store).

Thanks for your help!

Hi Ryzaar

You can take it to your local store that sells home gyms they send it out to get one made
it cost about $70 depending on length or go to Bunnings, get the parts and make it yourself for about $10 just need some coated cable same thickness, thimbles and clamps can't remember what they're called
what

Hi Ryzaar

You can take it to your local store that sells home gyms they send it out to get one made
it cost about $70 depending on length or go to Bunnings, get the parts and make it yourself for about $10 just need some coated cable same thickness, thimbles and clamps can't remember what they're called
what

From what I've found, I'm after Nylon Covered wire rope, something like 1/8 thickness, but is there a difference in the nylon strength across different brands? Because I'm sure my gym has that sort of cable already, but the nylon just burns out so quick.

Will look into making it myself though, found some very cheap sites (unfortunately all USA, but I'll keep looking).