• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to buy a good belt

I have a 13mm SAFE belt got it from PL Gear online - absolutely love it and the damn thing is indestructible but not cheap think it was around $150 with postage. Definitely go for the 10mm as much as I love my belt it took a while to break in. Mine is a two prong - wish I had got the single prong. I know everyone loves the lever belts but I hate them go for the buckle single prong but that's just my opinion.

Is there any reason i should opt for a lever over a buckle or vice versa?

I am not into hardcore power lifting, i just want it for what i consider heavy pulling work.

Levers are easier to put on and you don't have to struggle to get to that perfect notch but of course they're harder to adjust if you're have a bloat day as you have to use a screw driver to remove and move the lever.

The main advantage with lever belts is that you will get it on tighter than a buckle- the disadvantage is it is more of a hassle to adjust and the range of size is smaller (normally 3-4")- you get at least twice the range on a buckle.
If you put a titan belt alongside a Safe USA one or an Inzer you'll see what I mean about leather quality.

Levers are easier to put on and you don't have to struggle to get to that perfect notch but of course they're harder to adjust if you're have a bloat day as you have to use a screw driver to remove and move the lever.

My single prong takes about a second to get the right notch but like Steve said levers can be done tighter. Also I like my belt tighter for squats than deads and for that a leaver is a pain unless you buy 2 belts.

what advantage does a single prong have over a double on a buckle?

Single prong is easier to buckle up in a hurry - double prong can be a bit of a hassle but they are supposed to make the belt last longer but given the quality of the SAFE USA belt that is not an issue so that's why I wish I had gone for the single prong.