• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where did you start?

LOL yea man always large n in charge.....to be honest didn't really mean to drop that much weight or any fairly large amount - just needed to get fitness up for footy coz I knew I was close to the A.C.T side lol

In some respect it hurt my rugby coz I was a sick prop then when I came back I was abit lost at what to play - luckly seeing as though I was one of the better players I could pick what I wanted to play - so I pretty much went prop, 2nd row, no.8, flanker, centre, and one game at winger coz I thought I was Jonah Lomu LOL

I honestly think my best pos was loose head prop - and enjoyed that the most.

mid 2008
58kg BW
bench - 25
squat/dead - what?
row - what?
pullup/chinup - 1

mid 2010
80kg BW
bench - 120
squat 170
dead 190
row 110

1979 17yo
Bodyweight 72kg
Bench press 25kg
Squat 25kg

1992 29yo
bodyweight 90kg
Bench press 165kg
Squat 205kg

2007 45yo
bodyweight 90kg
bench press 150kg
squat 190kg

These are very impressive numbers Markos; you're a true inspiration coach.

More importantly, much much more importantly as far as I am concerned is the consistency of it all. Now that is in a totally different class and should be viewed as such in my opinion. I take my hat off to you Sir, very well done.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Began: 12/1980 at 15
BW: 60kg
H: 164cm (5;4”)
Squat: 20kg
Snatch: 20kg
All I remember was lifting an Olympic weightlifting bar without weights first.

1983: age 17
BW: 73kg
B/squat 200kg
F/squat 195kg
C&J: 160
Snatch: 115
Pulls: 180kg x3
Seated military press: 90kg

1984: age 18
BW: 75kg
B/squat: 180x10, 130x 20, 120x 50+
Leg press: Too much
Shrugs: As above
Bench Press: 120kg x 5 or so (my worst exercise)
One arm d/bell rows 50kgx10
French curls 50kgx10
One arm d/bell curls 27kg (60lb) x5
Seated rows: 200kg x6

2006: age 41
BW: 90kg
Not into heavy lifting anymore. Using mid to high reps more often (12-30)

2010: age 45
BW: 80kg
Had a go at weightlifting again; won the NSW masters and left the sport due to some crippling injuries. Back to bodybuilding but still recovering from some major injuries and will be back at it properly in 8/2010.

Fadi.

2004 false start #1
BW: ~65
PT showed me some basic machine routine, stopped going after 2 months

2008 false start #2
BW: 70ish
Mate told me he knew what he was doing so tried it again. His routine was dumbell bench, pec deck, massive amounts of bicep work and finish off with tricep work. Managed to get dumbell bench up to the 80lb dumbells for 3x10 but still looked the same 10 months later as i didnt know about consistancy and eating more then 1 meal a day

BW: 65-70
Found Starting Strength on the internet and that was that. sucked at deadlifts though so didnt do them much. Started doing deadlifts in July 2009 after i was shown how to do them properly when i joined a new better gym.

Now:
BW :100
squat: 190
bench: 130
dead: 240 (belt)

200kg squat at 17 is unbelievable Fadi! Especially at that weight.

I guess those 13500 calories didn't go to waste!

i started last year 2009 around jan i joined gym as new year resolution but was on/off

but my lifts were like this @ b/W - 62.5 kilo

bench press - 30kg
bicep curl - 6.5 kg dbs
deadlifts - 40 kilo
bb 21's - 12.5 kilo
squats - 30 kilo

somthing like this...!!

200kg squat at 17 is unbelievable Fadi! Especially at that weight.

I guess those 13500 calories didn't go to waste!

Firstly thank you Brock. Secondly there is a point to be made here and I remember coach Markos having said something about this a while back now; I'm speaking of body mechanics.

I was blessed with the right body mechanics to squat big when all else was equal. I find bench hard and uncomfortable to do in comparison to squat, where here I'm in my element. Pushing is not my thing but pulling is where I excel; again body mechanics speak louder than words here.

I'm saying the above so the young ones here don't feel somewhat underachievers. We're all strong and special in our own little ways, everyone of us.

PS: The proof of what I'm saying above can be seen with one own eyes when looking at the former Weightlifting Olympic Champion Hossein Rezazadeh. The man's arms are so short that by the time he finishes shrugging the bar, the bloody thing is above his waist. Other weightlifters are happy to hit high on the thighs, but not Hossein! That's one of reasons why his lifts looked easy and were made easily.

rezazadeh_getty438.jpg
davari20081103222432796.jpg

Fadi.

Last edited:
love this place .. always some great piece of advice and information.

@Maxpower .. whats the point of having human life .. born ..live like a pussy and die?? There are 100s of reasons for lifting heavy ass weights... i would never achieve what feats fadi has achieved and still achieving but i m happy lifting heavy weights which are good enough for me!! it gives me confidence !!

Lifting such heavy weight fadi
Posted via Mobile Device
Gents.Bond has given you his take on the "why" of it and I respect his view just as I do yours Max if you decide not to lift as heavy. No one should be judged either way as being somehow a lesser athlete or more of an athlete due to the way they train.

I know there's a child inside each one of us who wants to see how far the bar can be raised. Some do it through jumping from a skyscraper, while others find a chess competition is what makes them tick.

Now if your question was more directed at the physiological benefit of going heavy, the answer is I don't know, since one need not go to extremes to rip physical benefit. So I'm leaning more towards the psychological then the physical and incidentally, you'd find GB's reply to you was likewise based when his last sentence to you was
it gives me confidence !!

Take home message: No need to lift at maximum level unless you create a need, period.

Fadi.

You been lifting since then Jonnie ?

I only got real serious about my training in 08 after 18 months off....during my time off from the gym I read a couple of books that changed my way of thinking about training (Beyond Brawn and Starting Strength). So I started on a standard 5x5 program for three months then did 6 weeks of "squats and milk" (20 rep breathing squats 3 x week + 3 litres of milk a day (I added 6 kgs of bw in those 6 weeks, 2.5 inches to my legs 1 to my arms and 40kgs to my dead without performing a single dead)) then did my first Sheiko program on the advice of "Tassie Oak" Dave Park. My stats at that time were.....BW 92kgs, squat 212.5, bench 140, dead 220 (RAW)

started training in sept 2007
weigh in at 108kg, a very soft 108kg as well. bf would of been high 20's i spose or even 30%
bench 40kg
squat 70kg
Deadlift 85kg

currently at 95.3kg bf around 18% i think.
Bench 122.5kg
Sqaut 190kg
Deadlift 240kg

if i actually focused solely on training i could do much better but so many other things to do (snow, moto, other commitments/activities) so cant focus on it 100%.