• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

when is the right time to advance from beginner program?

thechosenone

Ive been doing the full body workout 3 times a week the workout A and workout B one that alternates. Im deadlifting 160 kilos for 5 reps squatting 115 for 8 reps and bench pressing 40 kilo dumbells for 5 reps i was wondering when i should advance to a program that has more isolation exercises such as barbell curls and so on??

Keep doing the basic compounds till u feel your stagnating in strength and growth. Reassess your diet and sleep first .
Training is only 10% of what lifters do.
If there ticked and your still stagnating then its time to look into other methods.

Keep doing the basic compounds till u feel your stagnating in strength and growth. Reassess your diet and sleep first .
Training is only 10% of what lifters do.
If there ticked and your still stagnating then its time to look into other methods.

What this guy said, is spot on.

Nothing beats basic compounds.

this bloke at my gym said my program is good but sooner or later i will have to do another program that has alot more isolations otherwise certain muscles like the biceps and triceps/calves and abs wont get defined enough. these were his words : compound exercises train all ur body muscles say deadlifts will train ur bicep muscle but not the whole bicep muscle the barbell curl will stimulate all ur bicep as the deadlift doesnt train it all? What do u think about this?

Lots of blokes at lots of gyms say a lot of things
Hitting different heads of the biceps or whatever is fine once you've got a solid base to work from (which I can only assume you don't sorry)
I made the analogy in another thread - think of mass building/muscle defining as carving something out of stone, or ice. If you don't have a decent amount to work with the end result isn't likely to be very good