• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When do you take your Creatine?

i take it before my workout. just becuase thats when i remember. i dont think that there is a best time.

See supplement section for all your creatine questions.

Creatine is not a steroid

I know, mind blown right?

In the morning before breakfast for me, but I don't think it matters at all when you take it, as long as you take it!

A few tips on Creatine.

Maximal effect of Creatine are had when the body's stores are at peak levels. Given the totral storage capacity of the body is quite large, you can reach that maximal point faster by doing what is called "loading".

That is to have a larger dose for a certain period, ie a week, say 10 - 20g a day instead of 5g, then once loaded, back the dose off to a maintenance of around 5g.

If you don't want to load, or even while loading I think timing may be important. When levels are low, there is going to be more creatine available straight after ingestion, so for the first week or so before training may benefit.

Once maximal levels are reached then timing shouldn't be an issue at all as you are simply just topping up your bodies creatine stores each time you dose.