• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your total?

What's your total B+S+D

• <200kg

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 201-250

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 251-300

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 301-350

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 351-400

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 401-500

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 501-650

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • >650

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
I like how the poll is back to front.... It should have been
200-300
300-400
450-500
550-600
600-650
650-700
700+

Its could take 2 years to get from 200kg total to 500kg total, but at the same time, take 2 years to get from 650-700

Some strong dudes,

I like how the poll is back to front.... It should have been
200-300
300-400
450-500
550-600
600-650
650-700
700+

Its could take 2 years to get from 200kg total to 500kg total, but at the same time, take 2 years to get from 650-700

yeah I knew I'd stuff it up :rolleyes: Just wanted to gauge my goal, wanted an average total. seems the average is 400kg +. I will stick with my 370kg for now, may go for a low 400kg total in the future.
'

Thanks for the input guy's/girls!!

610 total, 220/115/275 most recently, at 119.3kg.
PBs are 220/125/285, but not all the same day... Been training seriously for about a year.

I think for the average guy training for strength, 500 is a good total to aim for - 180/100/220.

Bench 70
Squat 100
Deadlift 120

Pretty sure i can max out more will test myself soon

Over two years now, but most gains were during the summer holidays (got uni to go to)
PB wise...

Bench:90
Squat:130
Deads:160 (hasnt moved in over a year... studying engineering at uni is not really a good move for powerlifters, often awake past midnight)

Total: 380kg
weight 75kg or so at most.

Guesstimate now:
weight 74kg

Bench: 85
Squat:120
Deads: 160 (maybe ill try 161.25 or something when i get to trying a max)

total 365kg

Over two years now, but most gains were during the summer holidays (got uni to go to)
PB wise...

Bench:90
Squat:130
Deads:160 (hasnt moved in over a year... studying engineering at uni is not really a good move for powerlifters, often awake past midnight)

Total: 380kg
weight 75kg or so at most.

Guesstimate now:
weight 74kg

Bench: 85
Squat:120
Deads: 160 (maybe ill try 161.25 or something when i get to trying a max)

total 365kg

I'm doing 4th year electrical - I know just how hard it is to maintain any kind of a decent diet AND daily training schedule. I'll occasionally be at the gym before sunrise - or sometimes be there at midnight. Whenever I can fit it in, but it doesn't help much with big lifts. Slow gains man - slow gains.

Last year I worked 90 hour weeks trying to get Ptc running.

If you want to succeed in your lifting, you will make time.

Last year I worked 90 hour weeks trying to get Ptc running.

If you want to succeed in your lifting, you will make time.

Yep exactly. People make excuses all the time like there the only one who has ever had to work long hours. When really getting strong can easily be done on 3 x 1hr sessions a week and a good diet doesn't really take any more time because you have to eat no matter what.

I'm doing 4th year electrical - I know just how hard it is to maintain any kind of a decent diet AND daily training schedule. I'll occasionally be at the gym before sunrise - or sometimes be there at midnight. Whenever I can fit it in, but it doesn't help much with big lifts. Slow gains man - slow gains.

Uni students shit me when they cry time poor, wait till you get out in the real world boys and have some family and financial committments. How many hours do you think will be expected of you when your a 200k a year consulting engineer.

Last edited:
I agree! I've been called at different hours of the night this swing, worked 16 hours out of 24 2 days ago and I just get angry, listen to metal and got a PB this week too :)

Uni students shit me when they cry time poor, wait till you get out in the real world boys and have some family and financial committments. How many hours do you think will be expected of you when your a 200k a year consulting engineer.

not even 40.

People who think that ALL UNI students have it easy shit me.

While I know a lot of UNI guys who spend half their time drinking and the other half bailing on lectures, I don't get a dollar from my family. My Mrs and I live together in our own place, and when I first started at UNI, I was working four full shifts a week, and had UNI for 30+ hours in between it. The hard thing isn't having time to get a workout, but being able to organise it around an ACTUAL life. I've got to make all of my meals like everyone else - I manage the finances for the place we're paying off, and our vehicles. I'm not saying I've got the hardest life, but when I spent my entire holidays out in 'the real world', it was a helluva lot easier fitting in a workout at the same time everyday.

Like its said, motivation is what gets you started - habit is what keeps you going. When you don't have any habit in your day to day life, it makes it difficult to organise. I'm not saying we've got it the hardest - we definitely don't. But those of us who support our own family, and finances, do work a little harder than anyone ignorant of our circumstances would believe.

Too true. make time. I work full time and at uni, plus kids and family stuff. Plan your days and set aside time for lifting. And how hard is a clean diet, go to shop, buy some shit And cook a big ass batch of food. Done!

How about we leave this for a different thread, and let the ignorant continue to be ignorant. Back to lifting and stats.