• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Need i say it...?

ASN >.<

Was not a good experience, minimal and slow service, no questions answered. Their products are being evaluated as i type haha

Shrek what pre-workouts have you used it before and how would it compare to them? I swear by SP250 / MP Assault and wanna know how the BN one compares.

I haven't used those 2 you mentioned but I like Craze and anything with DMAA.
BN doesn't have the pure full on rush like those but it's a reasonable replacement and its fairly well priced and dosed.

I tried aminoz.com.au for the 1st time. Impressed with the fast delivery in Sydney, don't really know about other cities. Bought some protein bars just to try them since they were on discount :D

Supplements

Hi Guys, was looking for some helpful information on the best supplements out there? Preferably a make it yourself type thing rather than a pre-mix? Are there any actual benefits or is it all placebo effect? Would love some input, I don't use this often but if you go to "Your Say Supplements" on Facebook, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Far be it for me to say anything definitive, but protein is the number one supplement.

After a good workout your muscles are essentially undergoing a change to add more of itself, protein shakes give them a near instant boost in fuel to allow that process to happen faster giving you a quicker recovery time.

Overall some supplements are designed to be taken during certain times: Metabolisers early in the morning to get your bodies metabolism kick started, L-Carnatine to add amino acids before a workout, and protein after.

My limited opinion is that L-carnatine, metaboliser and protein are all you need as far as supplements are concerned.

I don't know if you should have all three when you start into BB, after some time, or if you need more?

Protein is broken down into three sub categories:
- Whey protein Concentrate; it contains about 80% pure protein
- Whey protein Isolate; contains about 90% pure protein
- Hydrolised Whey protein Isolate; is a partly digested whey, should be slightly higher than WPI and supposedly has the advantage of a faster metabolisation into the body.

Costs increase for better protein %'s.

Far be it for me to say anything definitive, but protein is the number one supplement.

After a good workout your muscles are essentially undergoing a change to add more of itself, protein shakes give them a near instant boost in fuel to allow that process to happen faster giving you a quicker recovery time.

Overall some supplements are designed to be taken during certain times: Metabolisers early in the morning to get your bodies metabolism kick started, L-Carnatine to add amino acids before a workout, and protein after.

My limited opinion is that L-carnatine, metaboliser and protein are all you need as far as supplements are concerned.

I don't know if you should have all three when you start into BB, after some time, or if you need more?

Protein is broken down into three sub categories:
- Whey protein Concentrate; it contains about 80% pure protein
- Whey protein Isolate; contains about 90% pure protein
- Hydrolised Whey protein Isolate; is a partly digested whey, should be slightly higher than WPI and supposedly has the advantage of a faster metabolisation into the body.

Costs increase for better protein %'s.

tumblr_m0qcgupMw21r41ltvo1_400.png

^^^ Lols above...

Best supp? - I stay in Essendon... know some AFL guys who can hook you up real good.

btw - loving the handle mate 123456789? ;-)

I buy online, aminoz.com.au ... products are cheap and guarantee fast delivery plus lots of freebies, promos and discounts.

Hi Guys, was looking for some helpful information on the best supplements out there? Preferably a make it yourself type thing rather than a pre-mix? Are there any actual benefits or is it all placebo effect? Would love some input, I don't use this often but if you go to "Your Say Supplements" on Facebook, any help would be greatly appreciated.
A recovery shake (protein and carbs) is essential for building muscle.
If you have just protein on its own then most likely the protein will be converted into glycogen (stored carbohydrate) in the body and won't assist in muscle repair. This is because your body's primary use of any macronutrient is to use as energy. Alternatively you could use a protein shake and smash carbs in the form of fruit afterward but an all in one makes things easier. Secondly, creatine is the most extensively researched supplement on the market and has been used by6 athletes to increase strength and power since the early 80's. A plain micronised creatine monohydrate is cost effective, otherwise try Con-crete by Pro Mera. Thirdly a multivitamin and fish/krill oil is wise to nourish your body. Hope this helps. Here are some links to have a look at what i'm talking about. Fish oil and multies you can get at most shops though:

Recovery shake (protein + carbohydrate)
Mass Gainer Pro Xtreme 3kg by Maxs

Creatine
Creatine by Quesa :: Creatine :: Body Building :: VitaminKing | Cheap and Healthy Vitamins, Muscle Building, Weight Loss and Bodybuilding Supplements (1 tsp every day)
or
Creatine Bodybuilding Supplements | Con-Cret by ProMera Health

Have to give mad props to [MENTION=10497]Bulk Nutrients[/MENTION]; again. Ordered on Monday, got it Tuesday.

tumblr_inline_ml06wv9lqI1qhqbrq.gif

A recovery shake (protein and carbs) is essential for building muscle.
If you have just protein on its own then most likely the protein will be converted into glycogen (stored carbohydrate) in the body and won't assist in muscle repair. This is because your body's primary use of any macronutrient is to use as energy. Alternatively you could use a protein shake and smash carbs in the form of fruit afterward but an all in one makes things easier. Secondly, creatine is the most extensively researched supplement on the market and has been used by6 athletes to increase strength and power since the early 80's. A plain micronised creatine monohydrate is cost effective, otherwise try Con-crete by Pro Mera. Thirdly a multivitamin and fish/krill oil is wise to nourish your body. Hope this helps. Here are some links to have a look at what i'm talking about. Fish oil and multies you can get at most shops though:

Recovery shake (protein + carbohydrate)
Mass Gainer Pro Xtreme 3kg by Maxs

Creatine
Creatine by Quesa :: Creatine :: Body Building :: VitaminKing | Cheap and Healthy Vitamins, Muscle Building, Weight Loss and Bodybuilding Supplements (1 tsp every day)
or
Creatine Bodybuilding Supplements | Con-Cret by ProMera Health
You work form Mr Grasso, don't you?