• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's you choice of cardio?

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
At the moment I'm just enjoying going for a walk around the lake near my house with my iPod. No treadmills, no steppers, no elipticals, just plain walking, love it.
What do you do?

I also do a lot of Boxing training so I use the rope a few times a week. Usually 10x2min rounds with 45 sec rest in between.

I also do heavy bag work which can call upon cardio if done with enough intensity.

On weekends some mountain biking.

I dont plan to compete at bodybuilding which my Boxing training probably wouldn't be compatible with anyhow.

I have been running recently, hope my knees hold up. I have a punching bag and frame that I might set up, that is pretty intense.

So skipping rope builds the calves? I might have to try that one :)

treadmill on random hill and bicycle on trail blazer. i love them! cardio 20 min a day 4 times a week.

Cycling for me.Where I live is just awesome for it.
Sometimes in summer I will load up the panniers with
a days worth of food and water,the ipod,and a few other
supplies and clock up up to 100k`s in a day.From
the country side all the way to the beach and home again.
Now it is winter and up to my armpits in snow but that
doesn`t stop me.......snow tyres!No jokes either.Metal
studs in the tyres and I cycle around.It is damn hard work as
the combination of the heavy tyres and snow gives you a good
workout.

Cycling for me.Where I live is just awesome for it.
Sometimes in summer I will load up the panniers with
a days worth of food and water,the ipod,and a few other
supplies and clock up up to 100k`s in a day.From
the country side all the way to the beach and home again.
Now it is winter and up to my armpits in snow but that
doesn`t stop me.......snow tyres!No jokes either.Metal
studs in the tyres and I cycle around.It is damn hard work as
the combination of the heavy tyres and snow gives you a good
workout.
Lucky you, sounds like a blast.

I bought some decent running shoes and inserts yesterday, from 'foot locker'. They are bloody awesome! I went for a run and felt very little shock through my ankles and knees. Today my joints aren't sore at all.

So I can recommend that anyone who has had issues with their joints before, from running, to buy some decent shoes and inserts to suit their feet properly (I've bought 'asics' which are meant to be amongst the best).

At the moment I'm just enjoying going for a walk around the lake near my house with my iPod. No treadmills, no steppers, no elipticals, just plain walking, love it.
What do you do?

Wow a lake? thats relaxing man. meh.. i have a dryed out creek with lad fags walkn around so ima try n use muh heavy bag.

I also do a lot of Boxing training so I use the rope a few times a week. Usually 10x2min rounds with 45 sec rest in between.

I also do heavy bag work which can call upon cardio if done with enough intensity.

On weekends some mountain biking.

I dont plan to compete at bodybuilding which my Boxing training probably wouldn't be compatible with anyhow.

omfg nice i got a heavy bag with a stand worth atleast $500. can ya give me a routine man?

10x2min skipping with 45 sec rest how much cals are burnt on that?

Screw the wannbe homies if yo wanna walk by the lake walk by it. If they hassle you knock them the **** out.

Wow a lake? thats relaxing man. meh.. i have a dryed out creek with lad fags walkn around so ima try n use muh heavy bag.

omfg nice i got a heavy bag with a stand worth atleast $500. can ya give me a routine man?

10x2min skipping with 45 sec rest how much cals are burnt on that?

To be honest I don't care too much about the calories burnt, I use skipping to keep myself in top shape.

If you're out of condition or haven;t skipped in ages I suggest you start with 15x30 second rounds of skipping with 45second breaks. From there lengthing the round length slowly, 35 secs, 40 secs etc etc until you get up to 2 min. Will take a few months to get there but you'll be fit and agile. Also, treat the first week as getting used to the skill of skipping again. Bit like when you first do a lift, you spend the first few sessions just getting used to the lift and no so worried about the numbers you are doing.

On the heavy bag, start at 5 x 1min 30 sec rounds . Use Round 1 to practice the left jab, Round 2 to practice the straight right, Round 3 to practice the left and right hook. Then use rounds 4 & 5 to combine all those punches just like you are sparring.

As you get fitter, move the rounds out to 2mins each and increase the number of rounds out to a max of 8. I'd rather 8 intense rounds than 12 half arsed ones.

But note on all this, that all this cardio may not be compatible with what you may be wanting to do in bodybuilding.

Last edited:
^ And I should add, if you do skip, try not to do it on a concrete floor without some mat or something with a bit of give. The jarring does hurt the legs if you're a big guy.