• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's the point in bulking

Orighty :D Also one last thing LOL, your knowledge has just to led
to a overflow of questions on my behalf. With a 10%+ mainteance, how much weight would one expect to gain in a week?
Exact and accurate amount of weigh gain in a week = Only god knows :D

Potential MUSCLE growth (I stress the word potential) maybe 250 grams - 400 grams for a noob. Trained athlete maybe 100 grams - 150 grams. FYI, water counts as LBM gains :D

Oh yes I said GRAMS, not Kilos ;)

Might be a bit of an open ended question, but with respect to the duration of bulking, is there any rule of thumb?

Also, after a bulk you find you can eat more while cutting down, due to extra muscle mass gained. Something i enjoy.

As in calculate?

fats are 9, carbs and protein are 4, per gram, I think....

as in know how many you have eaten over the day/week. Do most of you guys follow the same eating plan everyday or just have a good general idea of how many calories are in what foods and calculate what they have eaten at the end of each day?

I originally started counting macro's and cal's when i first started. Now i have a good enough idea of what's what i don't count at all, but can rattle of the macro's of most foods i eat (cottage cheese, eggs, steak, chicken, tuna, milk, fruit etc.) I jus make sure250-300g natural protien and eat good fat's everyday. Bulking do a litre or two of milk and carbs brekky, pre and post workout. Cutting i cut the milk and carbs, rest remains the same.

I originally started counting macro's and cal's when i first started. Now i have a good enough idea of what's what i don't count at all, but can rattle of the macro's of most foods i eat (cottage cheese, eggs, steak, chicken, tuna, milk, fruit etc.) I jus make sure250-300g natural protien and eat good fat's everyday. Bulking do a litre or two of milk and carbs brekky, pre and post workout. Cutting i cut the milk and carbs, rest remains the same.

ye i do the same pretty much otherwise it would take up so much time..but if anyone has a quick way to do it which is super accurate i would love to know...

It is not hard IMO.

Most requirements are done on a daily intake purely so the numbers are not mind blowing and so it is easier to see what is needed. But once you know what your daily intake is, why not work that out for your week and then not worry about it. As long as you have consumed what you need to on average over the whole week, you will achieve your results.

Meaning if on a per day average per day you need 500 grams of steak, so over a 7 day period that is 3.5kgs. Just purchase your 3.5kgs of steak and eat it over the course of the week and magic, you have meet your requirements.