• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's happening at PTC Canberra

How much for casual visits? I'm based in Newcastle but am down in Canberra about five or six times a year.

The time that serious lifters and beginners alike in Canberra have been waiting for is almost here.

Monday 9/12/13 will see the opening of PTC Canberra. The doors will open from 4pm.

There will be a sausage sizzle cranking from 5:30pm so you can do some training and get a quick feed in afterwards while meeting everyone.

Come down, check the place out and set a PR or two.

14/16 Kembla St, Fyshwick

PTC Canberra
http://www.ptccanberra.com.au

So it's been a busy couple of days since we opened. We've had more equipment arrive and the gym is starting to look really good. We had 1150kg worth of coloured bumpers arrive. Whoever decided to pack new plates in a plastic bag in a cardboard because is now my worst enemy.

All of the members from the previous gym are staying on and we've had quite a few new people come down and check out the place.

We're expecting our powerlifting competition spec Mega Bench from Scott at PTC Brisbane to arrive tomorrow and the IPF style combo rack is most likely to here next week.

We had a night of PRs tonight on the deadlift. Chris hit a 165kg pull after making a 200kg yoke walk followed by Casper the Barber hitting his first 4 plate pull shortly after smashing a 220kg yoke walk for 15m.

Shortly after Jordan hit a very easy 245kg pull followed by a 250kg that while not super easy certainly looked like there was more to come.

Everyone I've spoken to loves the setup and all the new toys and is excited to start their strength journey.

PTC Canberra

4pm-930pm weekdays, 9-2 Saturdays. Opening hours won't change too much over the Christmas period. Closed Christmas Day and will probably close earlier on Christmas Eve. Will be closed from the 30th-5th as I'm down the coast.

PTC Canberra

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388058098.582582.jpg
There are now cameras covering the whole gym floor. No more leaving shit out and messing up my gym. I will be watching. If you're strong enough to lift it you're strong enough to put it back where you found it. It's really not that hard.

PTC Canberra

So it's been a while since I've updated this and I sincerely apologise. I'll do my best to update on everything that has happened since last time.

We hosted the GPC ACT State Titles Sunday March 16. Full results and a write up can be found here. There was some massive lifting on the day highlighted by Alex Lowe going 300/220/320 for 840kg at 99.6kg. Alex is in a class of his own at the moment.

We have Antony "Physio Detective" Lo presenting a 5 hour seminar on mobility and movement patterns this weekend. More info and tickets can be found here.

Our first 3 lift Novice & Improvers Powerlifting comp will be on Sunday April 13. Entry forms are here and can be emailed to sherro@ptccanberra.com.au. In preparation for the comp I will be running Powerlifting 101 this Sunday April 6. The course is designed to introduce people to the rules and regulations of powerlifting competition. All are welcome. More info here.

Quite a few of the guys are coming towards the end of their first full training cycle. The highlight so far is Mike. At 53 years old Mike tested at 180/175/190 when he first arrived. This week so far he has squatted 190kg in just a belt, benched 180 and deadlifted 200kg. Mike will be stepping onto the platform for the first time at the first full power novice meet next Sunday. He should go close to 600kg in his first comp. Old man muscle is the key.

The gym is really starting to take shape. If you haven't already check out the walkthrough I put up here.

I will endeavour to keep this thread as up to date as possible. I have setup a fortnightly email newsletter that will have some updates but also training and nutrition articles and other random fun stuff. You can sign up for said newsletter here.

I think that's all for now.

Sherro

I just realised it's been a long time between posts over here. I apologise Ausbb and promise I will attempt to be back more regularly. In the mean time:

We're hosting a novice 3 lift meet this Sunday July 27. 9am weigh in for 11am start.

Our redesigned website is up and running. Head over to PTC Canberra (Performance Training Centre) and check it out.

I'll be back after the comp for a more substantial update.
Cheers
Sherro

Novice comp is done and dusted. 38 lifters in total and a fantastic day of lifting.

The womens overall was won by Lauren who went 90/55/132.5 for 277.5kg @ 60kg. Medina had the biggest deadlift of the day in the womens pulling 175kg for a 15kg PR. She is on track to hit some big numbers at ProRaw 6 in September.

The mens was won by Andy who went 185/125/235 for 545kg @ 76kg.

Full results and a write up are on the PTC website here.

Medina is currently training for ProRaw 6. This will only be here second time ever on the platform. She is looking good for a 400kg+ total.

Here's her new PR squat after 3 weeks of no straight bar work due to some upper back issues.

Here's her current bench PR. She also pulled 175kg at the recent novice comp.