• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What / who compromises your program?

peanutz

PMS (must...eat....potato cakes)
Husband who loves pizza
Going to the movies (malteasers)
Dark rainy mornings

Poor willpower and discipline. Mine has nothing to do with anyone or anything else but me.

Oh sorry i forgot SKITTLES!

Mostly work, I am part-time in 2 jobs and on call in both. I usually can work around it but sometimes I have to do it the next day etc.

This is a good question.

There are a couple of things that immediately come to mind.

Firstly, I don't sleep enough.....not by choice. I'd love to be able to sleep 7-8 hours but find it impossible. My friggin maintenance insomnia often sees me waking up at 4ish in the morning. Never have a problem falling asleep but it's a rare event for me to wake after 6am.

Secondly, my family responsibilities mean my weeknight workouts are done after dinner. I'd much prefer to workout around 6:30pm then have a feed, but I have to help feed and bathe the kids, plus I wanna spend time with them anyway, so I workout when they're in bed. Not the best scenario from a training perspective, but family comes first.

EDIT - how could I forget....thirdly, injury prevents me doing OH press and bench press. This is a severe compromise that shits me no end, but at least I can still keep workout...would be horrendous if it was a back injury.

Last edited:
Not enough sleep (wake up way too early cause I am a light sleeper), too much cardio so my legs are too tired to squat or deadlift the next day... those are my two greatest obstacles to progress.

Travel!
A round trip from home to work to gym to home is 120kms.
Home to work to PTC to Home is 175kms.
Luckily getting my home gym in order will soon eliminate the travel.

1. allergies (hayfever, sinusitis, exercise induced asthma) ... worst offender
2. fatigue from lack of sleep sometimes
3. over enthusiasm ... leads to over training...and general badness
4. niggling injuries (sometimes due to no. 3) - currently left shoulder so rehabbing to get some parity between left and right. a lot of heavier lifts out of the question until sorted. :-(

Last edited:
Erections

wtf-lol-omfg.jpg

Working FIFO - Whilst I'm up at work I eat well and train hard, when I go home for RnR I tend to have more "Cheat meals" than I should but im not going to not go out for dinner with the misses when i'm home. Besides the family keep me pretty busy the 5 days I'm at home.

speaking of which...im off to see chronicle tonight. eaten light today so that i can munch on some pop corn

Going on holidays.

I can manage to work most things in but going away on holidays I really have no urge to eat well or exercise but I am not really fussed. I just enjoy my holiday and get back into it when I get back.

Injuries mainly. Also the weather when I need to do a session at the track, can usually just do something at the gym instead though.

I still do some sort of training if I can't get the gym, I'm not someone who can sit down!