• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what shorts do you squat in?

bert.

now the weather is warming up i'm looking to get some gym shorts.
what should I steer clear of?
and what works well?
I don't want to have any blow-outs

Been squatting/deadlifting in our shorts for years, can't go past the iron mesh / n1 classic cotton shorts. No bias here, they're legitimately very comfortable :D Not one pair split to date.

squat in leotards sometimes mankini, with occasional birthday suit. :) all in hopes that no one i know will see me.

Best shorts are the old Ruggers from Big W or Lowes, only thing I will squat and dead lift in.

Very comfy, and will never split and they will not grab your legs when you are going down, been using them for years and years.

It has to be this style:

Ruggers Knit Shorts | Lowes

As they also make other styles made from different material.

Russell athletic shorts made of cotton so they stretch, use to wear these other more board short type ones but they split eventually as they don't stretch, other good ones are Footy shorts.

Russell athletic shorts made of cotton so they stretch, use to wear these other more board short type ones but they split eventually as they don't stretch...

I've destroyed 3 pairs of running shorts made from parasilk before I cottoned on to Russell athletic shorts! :p

As long as they are loose it matters not to me.

I use old trackies to deadlift otherwise the shins bleed like bitches, :p

Nike or addidas running shorts. But becareful when doing glute stretches otherwise the ladies will get a very clear eyeful of your crotch.

get some nike dri-fit shorts. most sportsco stores should have them in stock, they come down to around the knee and are fairly loose.

although i have been doing these lifts in just compression shorts. i do workout in my garage so i dont have to worry about people staring at my junk. unless the neighbours peek over the fence.