• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what muscles do u use with a wheelbarrow

P

pez

I am starting a new job next week as a labourer , i was working as a sales assistant until i got the arse from that job

My new job involves a lot of wheel barrow work. What muscles you would be using to move a wheel barrow around and what kind of exercises would help me with it?

Lifting is a mix of deadlifts and also a shrug using your core (abs and lower back)

When the wheel barrow is full you will pretty much work every muscle in your body. Pushing a wheel barrow around will get you fit in no time

Going from sales assist to labourer, say bye to bodybuilding.

You need traps to lift the handles up and stabalise the barrow.
Need a bit of forearm and grip strength.
But most importantly, you need a big builders beer gut so you can manouvre the barrow around.

Seriously though, just basic strength is enough and a bit of practice, the wheelbarrow does all the work, unless you have to push up hills.
And arms and traps for when you dump a load.

Everytime I poushed a heavy wheelbarrow full on concrete I used have the sorest traps the next day. I guess they are similar to doing farmer's walks (hold heavy dumbells while walking). Good for trap developement.

I used the barrow for GPP.
What is GPP??

The sales assistant job was giving me the shits needed a new job. With the government handouts getting paid out I think I jumped ship at the right time too many people with too much money rolling in

general Phisical prepedness .
the guys of Westside Barbell fame have been hammering the importance of having a strong overall fitness base for years. it allowesthe lifter to train more frequently with more volume. The method most often used is the pulling sled