• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is possible in 6 months?

bedbod

G'day all,

I am about to head overseas for work for the next 6 months, and am looking at this for an opportunity to get some good habits down, and a fair bit of progression.

I have always been a fatty boombah, even when exercising semi-regularly. I just have to look at a slice of bread or cake, and a fatten up. I have lost a fair bit of flab over the past few years, and never really want to get much more chub than I am now. I am currently 176cm, 83kg and I would estimate around 18% BF. Mostly carried in my stomach and lower back area.

For the next 6 months, I will have access to healthy food (not prepared by me though), and almost endless free time to exercise. I will also be away from my wife and daughter, which is unfortunate, but it will still give me a chance to concentrate on ME for the first time in a long while. It is also a good chance to come home looking like a whole new man.

Overall though, I am looking to put on a little size, and end up with some abs showing (only slightly is fine though)

What would you do in my situation? How would you go about it?

Cut then slow bulk? Bulk then cut?

5 day split? Full body workout every second day? Crossfit?:p

Get your training sorted. If you have the time I would be training 4-5 days a week and take weekends off. Full body would be good but make sure you concentrate on the big lifts and add in some abs and curls because that's what most people want to look good.

Diet. Make sure you get min 180g protein every day and if you want abs do a very slow cut. I would aim to finish at about 75kg. Don't lose weight any faster because it will be unnecessary and will hurt your training.

6 months away from family will give you a lot of time you are not used to.
Put your head down, arse up, go hard and you'll come back a brand newy for the family.

Cheers for the advice everyone. Slow bulk it is.

Not sure how I am going to change my plan up, but definitely looking at 5 days just to ease the boredom a bit.

Personally if you have the time I would either hit the full body workout three times a week and cardio/conditioning days in between, or do something like 5/3/1 big but boring, check the thread on this forum and see what you think, I started it last week and loving it so far.:)

Get your training sorted. If you have the time I would be training 4-5 days a week and take weekends off. Full body would be good but make sure you concentrate on the big lifts and add in some abs and curls because that's what most people want to look good.

Diet. Make sure you get min 180g protein every day and if you want abs do a very slow cut. I would aim to finish at about 75kg. Don't lose weight any faster because it will be unnecessary and will hurt your training.

Full body 4-5 times per week? I’d feel a little sore personally doing full body that many days in a row. Maybe upper lower split?