• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is lactose intolerance?

TheGiftToLift

According to some light googling, lactose intolerance is indicated by bloating, flatulence, uncomfortable bowels... in extreme cases diarrhoea.

I can drink a lot of milk and always have, but like just about everyone I know who drinks a lot of it I get flatulence and bloating. I don't get extreme symptoms thankfully.

So when somebody says "oh, im lactose intolerant", are they getting the extreme symptoms like the green apple splatters, or are they just being a bitch? Or are there other symptoms/issues my intensive google search has not revealed? Does it affect absorption for instance?

From my experience with the people who claim to have it, they are fat people looking for an excuse.

I only know one person who it appears to be legitimate.

Well I said it appears to be legit.

But when she consumes lactose, she gets very bloated, her stomach gets severely upset - churns and cramps, sometimes she would fold over in pain. And something you don't want to know about any girls you know, she will end up sitting on the toilet for hours afterwards.

Happened at work one day and this is what leads me to believe it is legit, she opted to stay at work rather than go home to rest as she couldn't leave the toilet for fear of shitting herself and the car on the way home.

From my experience with the people who claim to have it, they are fat people looking for an excuse.

Lol. I know some one who has always said they have celiac disease. One day chatting i asked them about it. I asked them how it was diagnosed. Turns out they self diagnosed it. Ok so what happens when you eat gluten? Answer, oh nothing happens I just know the damage it's doing inside me.

Some serious fucking idiots out there.

I'm no doctor, I'm just sharing my experience.

Like Bazza, most of the people I know who claim to have it have self diagnosed. They just blame their shit lifestyle on one thing. I'm fat, I eat like shit, I don't exercise, I sit on the computer all day and all night, I don't sleep properly... It must be a lactose intolerance.

Its a weird one... I mean celiacs have some hectik responses to gluten, like rashes and stuff... but I mean... farting... come on, and it seems everyone gets this symptom to some degree from high doses of milk...

I am self-diagnosed and with good reason.

I drink milk, eat yoghurt, drink WPC, eat cream or eat cheese and I fart for hours afterward (every 3-4 mins or less I would be ripping one)

I remove these from my diet and I rarely fart.

You cannot tell me it is not the lactose making me fart.

I drink milk, eat yoghurt, drink WPC, eat cream or eat cheese and I fart for hours afterward (every 3-4 mins or less I would be ripping one)

You would be correct in thinking that.

Lactose will be unable to be broken down by the lactase enzymes (due to the fact the individual can not or has a lower production which can happen over time) cause it to sit in the Digestive Track and ferment! That causes the 'wind' effect.

I attempted to drink 300ml of milk 6 times a day. I poo it all out within an hour. Although, gomads instructions is to slowly increase intake. Ill try that next week and report back.

Yeh, definitely. What I am saying is that those symptoms arent worth complaining about.

I have been told from a local GP i am lactose intolerant (mildly).

If i have it in the morning or a large amount in evening (glass or 2) my stomach gets sore, if i constantly do this i will get stuck on the toilet each morning. Took me a while to figure out what it was.

Eggs for me now!

Cheese and yoghurt seems fine

If you fon't mind me asking, how is being lactose intolerant an excuse for being fat?

I can see why hormonal problems or glandular problems might be an "excuse" for being fat, but how does not drinking milk make you fat?

I'm very lactose intolerant. My symptoms are very severe bloating and stomach pains. It hurts like hell. I deal with it by drinking soy milk (sometimes oat milk) and using pea protein rather than whey. No big deal.
Although last week I tried those power plus egg whites from woolworths with 50% added protein. I didn't stop to think that of course it was whey protein. Got really awful stomach pains and ended up throwing up all my shake. Waste of good food.

I'm not sure how being lactose intolerant would be an excuse for anything other than not drinking milk.