• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is Gluten?

Funny and these tend to the loudest voices on every latest fad but no idea what they are talking about.

Fad food alergies are the bane of my fucking existence as a chef. Especially gluten. Fucking pretentious retards.

And you can generally tell who has serious issues as they will let you know their dietary needs a good time in advance. Then you get the other 95% of idiots who decide when they order, oh im gluten intolerant can you please make something else blah blah blah then eat the gluten heavy desert anyway.

My brothers fiance says she's celiac and gets huffy if the tongs touch the wrong thing etc. What's worse is she's decided their girl is "like" her without actually having her tested.

Fine she can eat what she wants but she goes off at my brother for taking his son after school to get a donut like he needs to eat cardboard for the rest of his life too.

I know people who are celiac but don't bang on about it and people who don't eat gluten because they feel better for it, this one just shits me.

My brothers fiance says she's celiac and gets huffy if the tongs touch the wrong thing etc. What's worse is she's decided their girl is "like" her without actually having her tested.

Fine she can eat what she wants but she goes off at my brother for taking his son after school to get a donut like he needs to eat cardboard for the rest of his life too.

I know people who are celiac but don't bang on about it and people who don't eat gluten because they feel better for it, this one just shits me.

Got an aunt that claims celiac. My missus asked her how she found out. She said she never got tested or has any symptoms just knows what damage it does to her body. Lol

At family functions she always asks my mum if food is gluten free. Mum just says yes even though it's not. Aunt can never tell the difference. Lol.

Ive had retards order gluten free burgers expecting us to have gluten free buns, and we just sent out a burger with no bun. Yet they still eat the beer battered chips.

Got an aunt that claims celiac. My missus asked her how she found out. She said she never got tested or has any symptoms just knows what damage it does to her body. Lol

At family functions she always asks my mum if food is gluten free. Mum just says yes even though it's not. Aunt can never tell the difference. Lol.

Haha love it.

OT but related: when my sister was about 16 or so, she took the high ground on lamb, not wanting to eat a baby sheep etc.
So dad told her this particular week that it was an adult sheep on her plate (a fresh juicey peice of lamb off the bone!). Hook line and sinker.

Tim.

Generally people have zero understanding, had a guy at work wanting to drop some weight, so he came to work all excited about the Atkins diet, at lunch he was having a huge feed of Chinese take away, when I pointed out the rice contains carbs, he looked at me like I was an idiot, and replied,"There is nothing in rice, Chinese people eat rice all the time and they are skinny." I just left it at that. The following day he had KFC and still thought he was on low carbs.

Yeah tards are everywhere.

Around here though, people who are intollerent to gluten or celiac/allergic know exactly what it is though

It's ridiculous to claim not to know things you are avoiding/liking, how hard is it to google "what is gluten" just once? Takes 10 seconds.

Yeah tards are everywhere.

Around here though, people who are intollerent to gluten or celiac/allergic know exactly what it is though

It's ridiculous to claim not to know things you are avoiding/liking, how hard is it to google "what is gluten" just once? Takes 10 seconds.

These days so many claim to be gluten intolerant when it's around 1% of people actually have celiac disease.

Heaps of people just self diagnose themselves or go to a naturopath who usually just tell everyone they are gluten intolerant. Its almost fashionable to be gluten intolerant these days.

True that. It is easy to see workmates who are intollerent though, just feed them some wheat products and watch them go for some antacit 2 hours later while they are burping and farting everywhere

Heaps of people just self diagnose themselves or go to a naturopath who usually just tell everyone they are gluten intolerant. Its almost fashionable to be gluten intolerant these days.

I always thought that the GF on restaurant menus stood for "Good Fuken" but usually are the meals I'd pick last.