• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What happened to bodybuilding?

I think Arnolds era WAS the begining of the freaks.....but ya gotta luv the freaks, they are awesome. But I wouldn't (couldn't) want to look like them anyway, they are called FREAKS for a reason right? Than again, I don't really like the super ultra cut look either, it does make it easy to see the muscle, but its kinda gross too. Lower body fat and good development is more aesthetically pleasing in real life, I use to think rugby players were well built, but after getting involved with BB and viewing mass monsters on the web all the time, I sometimes laugh at myself cause they look small, but really they are not LOL.

I think Matt Ogus has best physique:

260341_226827130678029_224032664290809_909612_7101822_n.jpg

I thought your Joke was funny Andy.

Weird neck and needs bigger traps, should ride a bike...

Impressive though, looks good, does need calves/calfs to be bigger though..

Nothing has happened to bodybuilding it has just kept evolving. Embrace the freaks and enjoy the fact that they raise the bar, so that you may, if you choose, walk under it.

I've met some of the so- called freaks and they are freakier up close.
Never forget talking to Paul Dillett one of the biggest ever, he was so down to earth for such a big guy.

Last edited:
My mate saw Dorian Yates on a plane a few years back and the whole plane went silent as he walked to his seat lol. I imagine 95% of the people didn't know who he was, just that he was fucking huge

My mate saw Dorian Yates on a plane a few years back and the whole plane went silent as he walked to his seat lol. I imagine 95% of the people didn't know who he was, just that he was fucking huge

I seen Yates at the fitness expo in Sydney this year and I'd be very surprised if he is 100kg now, only a BB fan would recognise him

100kg? LOL

You're way off mate.

Think he still pushing like 260 pounds. Yep 260!

His comp weight was 265-269lbs (on a quick google search, and you're saying he's only 5-9lb lighter now? No way in the world.

dcec3597-e9a7-ca55.jpg

The guy on the left is 96kg, there's not much difference is size IMO. He sure as shit wasn't 117kg at the expo.