• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What exercises do you do for arms?

Biceps - barbell curls

Triceps - Dips (upright not leaning forward) and tricep extensions.

Tris: Rope pushdowns, skullcrushers. overhead extensions. Love weighted dips too but I'm too lazy to build myself a decent dip stand.

Bis: Ez bar curls, incline dumbell curls. Rehabbing a badly torn bicep from last year trying to play footy and then hurting it again on the motorbike. It's not that visible but it made an ugly ultrasound picture. Weights are still pretty light.

Anyone else get ze poomp better with DB curls rather than BB curls? I really feel like the biceps get hit better with the DB version rather than BB...for me anyway. I've tried oly bar and ez curl bar, but still prefer DB.

My new favourite exercises are dips. So good to do only when i haven't worked my tri's beforehand. I feel too fatigued to do them otherwise. Considering i'm still on trents version of beginners strength, my arms benefit from bench press (triceps) dips, chinups both wide and close and hammer curls. Dips are the best for me at the moment with tri's. Chinups i love for arms as well, nothing better than bodyweight movements to really get that burning sensation.

Wednesdays I substitute dips with tricep pushdowns, slow and strict form really hits the triceps hard.

Personally i've found that with my training my arms benefit from most of my exercises, arms have definately grown and gotten thicker. Check my body transformation thread if your interested to see the difference in arm tgickness since training

For triceps I like JM presses. Look them up on youtube.

Used to do alot of JM press when I was more focused on PLing...I do add them in every so often to my programs now...

I would do these as a supplement exercise or even a max-effort exercise through my max-effort exercise rotation...JM press with chains...to good...destroys the triceps!