• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What exercises do you do for arms?

TankEvil

Just finished a arm workout consisting of

Barbell curls
Diamond push ups with weight plate on back
over hand forearm curls
Hammer dumbbell curls

Curious what other exercises you guys do for arms and which ones work best for the individual.

Normal arm workout:

(All exercises have 2-3 warm up sets)

Close grip bench: 1-2 x 3-6

Barbell curl: 1-2 x 3-6

ez bar cable pressdowns: 1 x 3-6

Preacher curl machine: 1 x 3-6

Don't listen to Joel, his arms are tiny :p

Oni said deadlifts I vaguely remember?? lol

Alot of ppl fluff around with arms for some reason...everyone wants big names....no1 can deny that....but ppl just dont train them hard enough, or they just over do it....I believe that you def do need direct arm work if you want good arms...but I also believe they should be trained as heavy as possible like anyother bodypart and not really trained with high/reps sets...because they will over-train very easliy...

Biggest thing for me and I have always done this...focus on Triceps mainly...much bigger muscle than the bicep...always start with triceps when training arms, and stick with simple exercises like the ones Ive listed above...

My core arm workout hasnt really changed in 6-7 years of training...

Thanks for the pointers guys keep them coming. Joel i would like to add more triceps exercises into my arm days. Which tricep exercises benefit you most in ur experience? and do you think its better to involve more tricep exercises then bicep exerciser into ur arm days? cheers,
btw i'm not a body builder, i am after strength gains and more mass also. General fitness and smashing PB's are my goals. So you can put it back in strength training if u like lol.

Thanks for the pointers guys keep them coming. Joel i would like to add more triceps exercises into my arm days. Which tricep exercises benefit you most in ur experience? and do you think its better to involve more tricep exercises then bicep exerciser into ur arm days? cheers,
btw i'm not a body builder, i am after strength gains and more mass also. General fitness and smashing PB's are my goals. So you can put it back in strength training if u like lol.

I normally have 2 exercises each - as you can see....my fav tricep exercises are ez bar cable pressdowns, and close grip bench (make sure you tuck your elbows hard to fully hit the tris)

I train arms like any other body part however I do less total sets than the larger muscle groups.
I also think that triceps make a more impressive arm however my bicep routine at the moment consists of straight bar barbell curls and incline dumbbell curls which is my favorite bicep exercise, 3 to 4 sets each.

bench press, and shoulder day i finish with

pullups 3-4 sets
weighted dips, superseting slow db curls or ezy bar curls (4-8 sets or each)

keep the weight down, perfect form, do them slow

My tris respond tremendously to negative and stretches, such as the overhead dumbell extension, keeping he elbows close together and getting a large stretch out of the negative.

Tri routine usually follows
Close grip bench, Heavy
Overhead dumbell extension, Stretch
Cable pushdown variation, Pump/Contraction

Bi's on the other hand are just "hit em and fill em"
Barbell curls, Heavy
Dumbell curls, Pump/Contraction