• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you think the difference is between animal feed (oats) and human oats?

kindred

Not that I'm going to go down to the farm supply and buy a bag of feed or anything... although times are tough.

only joking.

but seriously whats the difference?

not being a farmer , but i would say that they only difference is the quality
going by the fruit industry , all thre crap stuff that is unfit to be sold for humans gets flogged off to animal feed

I worked in a flour mill for 2 years,
anything that touched the floor or was contaminated in anyway,
sometimes as simple as to much or to little protein in testing, or cross contamination between flour/grain types, would all be mixed, packed and sold as animal feed.

there are also a lot that the farmers grow that doesn't meet the requirements,
lower quality or a level to high of foreign objects when harvested (weeds or other plant material)
that can only be sold as animal feed

funny enough though, the highest grade is always kept for export as it returns the best dollar value,

Last edited:
I worked in a flour mill for 2 years,
anything that touched the floor or was contaminated in anyway,
sometimes as simple as to much or to little protein in testing, or cross contamination between flour/grain types, would all be mixed, packed and sold as animal feed.

there are also a lot that the farmers grow that doesn't meet the requirements,
lower quality or a level to high of foreign objects when harvested (weeds or other plant material)
that can only be sold as animal feed

funny enough though, the highest grade is always kept for export as it returns the best dollar value,

shit , i do seasonal work in a fruit processing plant , there are multiple stages of fruit , top quality gets exported , 2nd rate gets sold to local market , 3rd rate gets sold to fruit processing plant

the fruit processing plant is where things get interesting
good stuff gets halved and sold in can
2nd good stuff gets diced and sold in cans
3rd good stuff gets diced and put in jelly
4th gets sent to the jam line
5th gets sent to the juice plant
everything else gets sold as animal feed

the juice plant amazes me , they can turn shit into gold , the stuff that goes to the juice line is black all rotten and crappy , some enzymes get added left to sit for an hour and it comes out a milk colour gets sent to the filters and comes out the colour we see in bottles

the juice plant amazes me , they can turn shit into gold , the stuff that goes to the juice line is black all rotten and crappy , some enzymes get added left to sit for an hour and it comes out a milk colour gets sent to the filters and comes out the colour we see in bottles

I'm guessing you don't drink bottle juice.

cheers for the insight, very interesting,
I figure most places would be similar, its about minimizing waste and increasing profit.

if your overseas and get the chance to eat an Australian import steak,
do it, best steak I've ever eaten, (apart from wagyu)

back on the topic of oats,
I wouldn't be buying animal feed oats, as oats are cheap enough anyways

Interesting about the juice admin.

We usually buy the daily juice orange juice which is $7 for 3L.

I have noticed all juices seem to be declining in quality, sometimes they taste more like cat piss than fruit juice.

Can't beat freshly squeezed orange juice from a quality cafe.

BLBarclay, The only thing better than that is Picking the fruit off the tree and Juicing it, However i normaly just eat it. Its good having friends with orchids.

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; wants to know if you're in here?