• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

what do you think about Steppers/Rowing machine

I agree that if you're sitting on one of the lower speed and incline settings that you won't get a decent cardio workout, i can see where you're coming from there, but if you get to your target HR, whatever it may be, then it turns into a pretty good workout. It's nothing in comparison to running outdoors but if you are limited in regards to time and decent trails then a treadmill does just fine.

Some of the programs on my treadmill can be pretty challenging at times, especially if you sit on a good speed stting

Was watching the people last night while I was doing cardio and the ones that were just strolling thru were the treadmillists. Only like 2 of them had any sweat and thats cause they were doing stationary bike before. Not that being sweaty is a good indication they may have been really fit but i doubt it. The speeds they were going was slower than walking for the most part. Walking is a good exercise but you cant reall compare walking on a tread mill and walking outside. The treadmill doesnt curve or twist or decline and the incline is very poor (walking uphills, downhills, turning corners).

Interval training on the treadmil counts, i can promise u that. And since ive had 2 knee reconstructions and am now experiencing arthritis, its the only form of running that counts.

Yeah my knees r screwed to. I was squating 30kg last night and im hurting this morning 30kg! and thats all it takes to cause pain in my knees. As far as i know i was doing it right as I have spent a lot of time watching YouTube etc as recommended in previous threads.

Yeah my knees r screwed to. I was squating 30kg last night and im hurting this morning 30kg! and thats all it takes to cause pain in my knees. As far as i know i was doing it right as I have spent a lot of time watching YouTube etc as recommended in previous threads.

Its a nightmare hey? Mine is a real managemant thing now. I have to find a balance between training how i want and making sure i dont continue to do things that will make me a cripple in old age.

Voltaren and Pain Away spray help, but i dont want to be on Voltaren for any long preiods if i can help it. I take it regulary now because im stepping up my cardio to trim my gut.

I also take Glucosamine and Fish Oil. Im so sick of popping pills. And im so sick of doing low impact cardio, it sux.

I will look into swimming but eliptical trainer and stationary bike are the 2 I will stick to mostly.

Have you had your knee's checked out?
I'm having an arthroscopy on my left knee and I was still able to do 3x20 30kg squats on Sunday without pain.

I had it checked when i dislocated it originally. I dont think anything has changed other than some additional scar tissue.

Also im close to 150kg so thats bound to add huge pressure on my knees when doing squats.