• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do differently when you try to cut down on the body fat%

Ok Shrek so you just changed the topic and added a personal attack.

I am 174cm and weigh 65kgs. Does that sound fat to you? And I said "almost" 20%. It was actually 17%.

For a moderator, you are not very friendly and certainly not helpful. Aren't you supposed to be helping to promote a supportive and informative website? Because you are doing quite the opposite. You had a go at me in another thread this morning, and added absoultely no constructive feedback whatsoever.

Always enjoyed reading this forum but you are not doing a good job in keeping people informed and interested.
Point out were I attacked you. i merely stated that you contradicted yourself, which you did. I am 20% (or thereabouts) BF and I am by no means skinny. Search the training forum and you will find plenty of info there about training and if still in doubt ask some questions. If i wanted to attach you I would have done a much better job. :D

Point out were I attacked you. i merely stated that you contradicted yourself, which you did. I am 20% (or thereabouts) BF and I am by no means skinny. Search the training forum and you will find plenty of info there about training and if still in doubt ask some questions. If i wanted to attach you I would have done a much better job. :D

With a cricket bat?

On another note... If you were under 10% BF now your 17% as you say start watching your BF % a its really hard to lower once its up high, trust me :p

Wrong, your bodyfat percentage should tell you when to rip or gain be it summer winter autumn..whatever. No point in being a skinny dude just because it's summer.

You told me I was wrong.

But I think you misundertand me, Shrek. It helps if you try and time it right. If you know how long you generally take to gain a certain amount of body fat, then if you time it right you can give yourself enough time to cut it off for summer.

I told you I was right, and that you misunderstood.

But you contradicted yourself. You said "I'm a skinny dude" then said "Up to 20% BF" which I would is not skinny. So are you fat or skinny?

Then, you obviously had no response to the original comment, so you changed the subject and start picking on a completely different, off the cuff remark, about my body fat percentage. Perhaps I didnt explain it exactly as you would've liked me to put it, but it doesn't change the fact that its true. Everyone is different, and I stand by my comment. Drop the technicalities, I'm sure you all know what I mean. Why everyone is so concerned with this comment is beyond me. Anyhow, enough of this banter. Thanks for your response in the other thread Shrek.

Wrong, your bodyfat percentage should tell you when to rip or gain be it summer winter autumn..whatever. No point in being a skinny dude just because it's summer.

You told me I was wrong. AND YOU ARE WRONG

But I think you misundertand me, Shrek. It helps if you try and time it right. If you know how long you generally take to gain a certain amount of body fat, then if you time it right you can give yourself enough time to cut it off for summer.

I told you I was right, and that you misunderstood. RIGHT ABOUT WHAT?

But you contradicted yourself. You said "I'm a skinny dude" then said "Up to 20% BF" which I would is not skinny. So are you fat or skinny?

Then, you obviously had no response to the original comment, so you changed the subject and start picking on a completely different, off the cuff remark, about my body fat percentage. Perhaps I didnt explain it exactly as you would've liked me to put it, but it doesn't change the fact that its true. Everyone is different, and I stand by my comment. Drop the technicalities, I'm sure you all know what I mean. Why everyone is so concerned with this comment is beyond me. Anyhow, enough of this banter. Thanks for your response in the other thread Shrek. NO ONE IS BEING TECHINAL, AND WE ARE NOT MIND READERS, WE DID NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT, BE MORE SPECIFIC NEXT TIME

You have got to be kidding me!! Now you're using your Moderator status to edit my posts!! Looks like I got under someones skin haha. "Stupid post." Very mature.

getting into a e-fight doesn't serve any purpose. Any more stupid post will be dully dealt with.

Then delete all of our posts, not just my last one. I agree, fight over.

It did serve the purpose, however, of distracting me from work for a few minutes the last two days, which is always favorable.

Then delete all of our posts, not just my last one. I agree, fight over.

It did serve the purpose, however, of distracting me from work for a few minutes the last two days, which is always favorable.

All I've ever seen Shrek do is give good advice and try to break people out of their tiny little bubble so they might learn something. So far all I've seen of you is misinformed and misleading posts....

Why would you start a fight with someone who is a moderator - especially when you've already made a fool of yourself by posting they way you have?

I didn't see your post but I assume it was a personal attack (since you misguidedly seem to think he was attacking you) so hes quite within his rights to remove it - saying he should remove all posts (so you can have your stupidity erased from the board, no doubt) is just childish.

I really don't understand people anymore. Are you here to learn about body building and get good ideas for your program or are you here to post like a retard and pick fights?

All I've ever seen Shrek do is give good advice and try to break people out of their tiny little bubble so they might learn something. So far all I've seen of you is misinformed and misleading posts....

Why would you start a fight with someone who is a moderator - especially when you've already made a fool of yourself by posting they way you have?

I didn't see your post but I assume it was a personal attack (since you misguidedly seem to think he was attacking you) so hes quite within his rights to remove it - saying he should remove all posts (so you can have your stupidity erased from the board, no doubt) is just childish.

I really don't understand people anymore. Are you here to learn about body building and get good ideas for your program or are you here to post like a retard and pick fights?

Thats my job only I dont wanna pick fights.

Even though you don't listen etc, you still come across as a good guy though - slightly misguided and erratic - but still a good guy.

I settled down by starting to drink copious amounts of booze. Maybe that should be the remedy for anyone who comes in swinging xD

Mate, I said fight over. Stop going on about it. I'm sure Shrek's a good bloke and his advice is excellent. jesus, just a bit of banter. And you assume wrong. Cant wait to see who pipes up with their 5 cents worth next.

Last edited:
Mate, I said fight over. Stop going on about it. I'm sure Shrek's a good bloke and his advice is excellent. jesus, just a bit of banter. And you assume wrong. Cant wait to see who pipes up with their 5 cents worth next.

**Kindred nods, takes another swig of his home brew and yawns**

shhhi i thunk tis like this whens one guys is fighting with nother guy they should all get along... hic

**Kindred smiles a huge cheezy "I've had way to much grin" then falls over**

**Kindred nods, takes another swig of his home brew and yawns**

shhhi i thunk tis like this whens one guys is fighting with nother guy they should all get along... hic

**Kindred smiles a huge cheezy "I've had way to much grin" then falls over**

haha, what you drinking that much for at 10:31 on friday morning (which is 10:01 in SA)

haha, what you drinking that much for at 10:31 on friday morning (which is 10:01 in SA)

I was joking, however there is a shooting/drinking festival today and tomorrow. Although I cant go I will be celebrating in my own way (with a bottle of Irish whiskey). The festival is German but Jamersons whiskey was on special so sod it.