• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do people mean by natural bodybuilding?

kindred

do they mean...

1) No drugs like steroids

2) No suppliments like protien powder, creatine and ameno acids and the millions of other stuff

3) zero suppliments not even multivitamin or fish oil

4) other

EDIT: Ok i just had a look on the net and different people have different definitions. It would appear that the one that makes most sense is a natual body builder will only use substances that can be obtained from regular food and drink. so protien powder is ok but drugs are not. Im still not sure what that means for some of thr suppliments like creatine as it is a result of certain foods and is not in the food. Also lots of the suppliments confuse me as its hard to know if they are totaly manufacture compounds or if they are like most protien powders and just extracts of every day foods.

Last edited:
different people have different definitions.

One chick who once was the national champ in some kind of
"natural" bodybuilding told me that you can lose points for
being too big and/or too ripped.The body has to look natural
and not freakish.Of course no drugs etc. either.

Thats interesting I never thought of that. Im not competeing so it doesnt affect me anyway but interesting all the same, thanks.

She must have been competing in a certain category, like fitness model or sportsmodel category.
I don't think you would ever lose points being too big and ripped in the bodybuilding category, unless you were abnormally and freakishly out of proportion.

Yeh x2 on what Hulk said..

Unless it was fitness or figure.. being soft is the best way to guarantee you wont place!

Nobody is "natural" in this day and age. If you think you can take whey, creatine etc and are "natty" then you're kidding yourself

Nobody is "natural" in this day and age. If you think you can take whey, creatine etc and are "natty" then you're kidding yourself

Mate whey, creatine etc is just food, and natural, I am pretty certain that having whey and creatine does not eliminate you from a natural body building comp.

Natural to me means no steroids, having protein shakes does not exclude you from being a natural body builder:)

Mate whey, creatine etc is just food, and natural, I am pretty certain that having whey and creatine does not eliminate you from a natural body building comp.

Natural to me means no steroids, having protein shakes does not exclude you from being a natural body builder:)

How can you consider using creatine, a chemical manufactured in a lab 'natural'? Yeah it's in meat, but to get the dose most people take in a day you would have to eat over a pound of red meat every single day! Hardly natural.
Natural = no steroids? How would you define a steroid?
Creatine and Anavar both enhance size and strength by providing your body with the exact same compound (phosphocreatine) so that it can produce the exact same chemical reaction (ADP-ATP conversion).
The only difference is that Anavar causes your body to produce it's own extra phosphocreatine, whereas creatine supplementation is entirely supraphysiological in nature, thus arguably less 'natural'.
You can not logically support the use of creatine for 'natural bodybuilders' and not also support the use of Anavar, which is generally considered an anabolic steroid. Likewise, you cannot logically consider anyone who has used creatine in the past any more 'natty' than someone who has used Anavar.

I just ate a packet of burger rings so I guess I'm not natural anymore. Only untested comps for me from now on. Lol.

I think, natural bodybuilding means that you are born with that body and you are not allowed to lift weights, go to the gym or play any sports so that you don't encourage any unnatural muscle growth.

Last edited: