• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What are your Top 3 supplements

That must make you feel awesome. Being one of the strongest men on forums?

I feel awesome cause I'm just a big swinging dick rooting my way through life.

Why are you so bitter Andy, is it cause we don't treat you with the same respect you gave to your elders in the 1930's?

I feel awesome cause I'm just a big swinging dick rooting my way through life.

Why are you so bitter Andy, is it cause we don't treat you with the same respect you gave to your elders in the 1930's?

reads to me like a bit of transference.

I'm excitedly happy, and I'm glad you feel awesome.

occasional protein powder in shake.

And a multi-vitamin tablet once a day for bone health.

you still take a multi daily Spartacus. You not concerned about the reports of its long term dangers ie cancer cell growth?

I only take a multi once a week now, prolly should go twice a week I thinks.

Drinking Iced water during the day and through a workout is better than room temperature for burning fat.

This is true.

No studies required darkoz you can work it out with maths.

To heat water up 1 calorie of energy is required per gram per degree temp.

So iced vs room temp is about 20 degrees. 2lt of water is

1 x 20 x 2000 = 40000 calories.

Calories we measure food in are actually kilocalories.

Therefore drinking 2 liters of iced water instead of room temp burns 40 Calories extra per day.

Not enough to get me excited about but others might.

Thinking about this the full effect would only be there when you are already very cold. At normal temperatures your body is already trying to lose excess heat so drinking cold water is going to do basically nothing. In very hot weather it will probably make you burn less calories than room temp.

Last edited:
This is true.

No studies required darkoz you can work it out with maths.

To heat water up 1 calorie of energy is required per gram per degree temp.

So iced vs room temp is about 20 degrees. 2lt of water is

1 x 20 x 2000 = 40000 calories.

Calories we measure food in are actually kilocalories.

Therefore drinking 2 liters of iced water instead of room temp burns 40 Calories extra per day.

Not enough to get me excited about but others might.

Thinking about this the full effect would only be there when you are already very cold. At normal temperatures your body is already trying to lose excess heat so drinking cold water is going to do basically nothing. In very hot weather it will probably make you burn less calories than room temp.

Thanks, good reply.

It would be a pain in the arse lugging around ice water, but the idea of keeping as cool as possible, rather than overheated, means the body is going to better get rid of fat cells.

So if youre really keen on losing fat and maintianing muscle tissue...jumping into a cold bath or shower directly after a workout will serve you better than sitting in a sauna, hot shower or bath.

Just another approach.

Thanks, good reply.

It would be a pain in the arse lugging around ice water, but the idea of keeping as cool as possible, rather than overheated, means the body is going to better get rid of fat cells.

So if youre really keen on losing fat and maintianing muscle tissue...jumping into a cold bath or shower directly after a workout will serve you better than sitting in a sauna, hot shower or bath.

Just another approach.

I usually just prefer drinking cold water.

Apparently in Asian (Chinese I think) cultures they say drinking warm water is good for you - I think it's to do with digestion or something and for chicks on the rag..?