• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just havent really felt like it, plus i also find there are better ways for directly targetting back and legs, in different variations of rows and pulls for back as bell as squats, leg curls and SLDL for quads and hammies, so during this time thats what i been doing, as well doing deads is more time consuming in the gym, loading the weights and unloading as well when going heavy the rest inbetween sets increases so not the most efficient time wise in the gym when on a shorter time frame.

Just use the time to load/unload plates as rest. They're more time consuming, but bigger bang for your buck. I find they prevent missing any muscle groups as they're essentially a full body exercise. Each to their own. A lot of bodybuilders don't do them with great success. But I think in terms of relative fitness, they're a good test/exercise.

Last edited:
Really
nothing get my adrenaline pumping like sqauts and deads
they just feel so good
It's the challenge I love

Love my deadlifts.
Stiff leg also for more hammie.

In terms of muscular development using both deads and many other heavy back exercises would be best.

Just depends what you are doing, goals etc

Tim.

Love my deadlifts.
Stiff leg also for more hammie.

In terms of muscular development using both deads and many other heavy back exercises would be best.

Just depends what you are doing, goals etc

Tim.

Always do sumo and normal

whats your favourite stance
im stronger in normal use to hate sumo
so I focus on sumo first when I do deads

Always do sumo and normal

whats your favourite stance
im stronger in normal use to hate sumo
so I focus on sumo first when I do deads
Conventional deadlifter here.
And in some training blocks i use stiff leg or rdl.

I can do sumo to about 90%. But it feels risky AF on my adductors.

Tim.

walkingmedium pulldownsmachine rowsclose grip pulldownsupright rows3m restbarbell curlsone arm bicep cable
3.5km3x6/66kg (1m)3x8/68kg (1m)3x8/66kg (1m)3x6/45kg (1m)3x6/40kg (1m)3x6e/20kg(1m)

I love squatting and deadlifting, could say that I've done these two consistently for 20 years squatting twice a week, deadlifting once a week.
some of the best workouts I've ever had was based around the squat.

at 55 and I've become less bulletproof I'm really just more interested at pushing myself to the max, safely.

Smart move
no put pushing your self to the point of injury
thats just stupid
consistency is key with out injury

Deadlifts, bent rows, lat pulldown and OHP.

Climbed the ladder at work for a total of 350ish metres up and down and carried that bitch 970m total, which I don't like at all but it makes for good leg rehab and fuck it, it's the only cardio I do.