• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What did the ab wheel assist?

I am finding that it is helping my core to stay tight when I squat. I keep loosing tension in the hole when I need it most. I was doing hanging leg raises and would rate them as the best core exercise but because I do chin-ups twice a week the pressure on my shoulders was getting too great. The ab wheel doesn't put as much pressure on them but is very good exercise as well.

Sat 25/08

Shoulder press Mach - 3 x 12
Pulldown - 2 x 12
Chest supported Row - 2 x 12
Spider Curl - 2 x 12
Dip - 14,12,12
Oh cable tricep - 12,12
Toe Press - 22,22

Tonight

Squat - 95 x 3,3,3 (pain free [emoji16])
Leg Press - 200 x rep for 60 secs x 2 sets
Leg Curl - 10,10,10
Hyper extension - 12,12
Seated Calf - 35 x 15,15,15

Tonight:

Barbell Row - 92.5 x 5,5,5,5
Pull Up - 11,9,8 (medium grip)
Pullover - 12,12
Ez Curl - 8,8,8
Rear Delt Row - 12,12
Side Raise - 12,12

Last edited:
Dips - 10,10,10,10
Inc Fly - 15,15
DB Press - 12,12,12
Tricep PD - 15,15,15
Face Pull - 16,16
Upright Row - 12,12

50a714e699e6dc4799d14eebae70b127.gif

Tonight:

TBDL - 142.5 x 5,5,5
Leg Curl - 38.5 x 15,15
Seat Calf - 64.5 x 8,8,8
Hammer Curl - 35lb ea x 12,12,12
Inc Sit Up - 10 x 12,12,12

872e03c165072578d2c451044bff6530.gif

very light legs in terms of intensity.

in terms of weights, all of my sessions are light because my legs are pissweak.

mate, i train very hard. i actually think there is a structural problem that has never healed properly since 2011 when i had a serious stress fracture.

i did a 110kg squat orther day, but bvadly favoured my right side. so back to unilateral stuff.

my leg power is up this year, but not by much.

surgeon said it was unusual, but comparable to a serious car accident.

I can sprint and jump now, but left leg is far weaker than right leg.

leg press is a real struggle for me on my left leg. on hammer strength I struggle to get 10 reps out on 90kg. I also hate feel of leg press on knees.

I mainly do lunges (walking and standing, stepups, single leg squats, leg extensions and leg curls for my workouts.

this week i climbed up and down hills carrying around 60 kgs at a time.One part was so steep, i almost shit my pants.Srs,i was frightened.I get yelled at if im too slow,so its a bit of a conundrum,take risks to avoid getting yelled at or take baby steps and get yelled at.lol.No shit,i was literally on all fours like fucking spider man at 1 stage,scared as fuck.Also the logging crew made a fucking mess so not only do i have to contend with the nasty ass terrain ive gotta navigate around fucking cut down tree tops that are a kunt to get thru.Yeah and also when it rains its slippery as fuk.My leg strength is slowly returning,cardio is improving too.

best planter out there is a 6 3 fijian,hes a freakin mountain goat,just so well balanced,doesnt get bothered by steep shit and moves at speed through the rough.Ole stumpy legs here takes twice as long as him to move,curse my gnome genetics.

Some days ill plant too,if the boss thinks he can donkey by himself,yep ive been out of serious forestry work for nearly 10 yrs,i used to smash big tallies on the flat grass,now its steep and rubbish and im older and slow as fuk.Ive noticed ill stop and survey before i move whereas beforehand i used to gung ho it.Costs me time.

Last edited: