• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What age did you get serious?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
At some stage we all hit the gym and piss fart around with no set plan and the only goal to get huge muscles

At what age did you get serious about working out?

"getting serious" is a subjective term.

But for me, it was when I picked up a barbell for the first time, stuck it on my back and squatted it.

26.5 I guess,

trained at school, no direction, no gains (School Gym, damn teachers!).

Trained early 20's, no direction, no gains. (Commercial Gym, Damn Gym knobs!)

Researched diet and training and realistic goals, gains! (Home Gym ftw!)

But srsly, Now I'm a writer for flex, and sponsored by BSN and nutritionist for the Denver Broncos!

454c5def9de339e.jpg

26.5 I guess,

But srsly, Now I'm a writer for flex, and sponsored by BSN and nutritionist for the Denver Broncos!

454c5def9de339e.jpg

top effort

36 now and still no set plans.
I'd prefer not to be so serious with training, to be able to stick with it long term.
I don't believe you have to be so "serious" to get excellent results.
Exceptional/elite results, however, probably does require serious attention, if that is your goal.

26.5 I guess,

454c5def9de339e.jpg

Are you really Brad? Or is this internetz sarcasm? lol
And who the hell is this a picture of????? :eek::D

I don't think I've ever been "serious" maybe for awhile when I trained at PTC and did a comp but that's it.

i was 23.5 when i finally figured out that benching, squats and deadlifts are the best overall strength building exercises..

I'd say I got serious aged 14 for cycling. Stopped being serious about a year ago, now I just train for fun really, although dat der deadlift record has put somewhat of a serious overtone to what I'm doing but it's still a hobby at best

I'd say I got serious aged 14 for cycling. Stopped being serious about a year ago, now I just train for fun really, although dat der deadlift record has put somewhat of a serious overtone to what I'm doing but it's still a hobby at best

How old are you now oni?

I began to get reasonably serious just after turning 20. I had never set foot into a gym in my life, and began doing my own type of physio.

Enjoyed being 'fit for life'...

...and then I got addicted.

My name is Rian, and I am a gym-aholic

got serious about powerlifting when i was 15... about 3 months after i started strength training.
u mad old guys?