• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weightlifting mathematically

agree with NAPARM.

plus, I believe a course in classical mechanics is in order .. there's a wholesale misunderstanding of forces in this thread :)

Says who? Yes you should keep the bar close to your body but your statement is incorrect imo.
the closer the better, imo the position you are in when the bar is in contact with your body is more efficient to that if it was out (for me anyway, if it leaves my shins it feels shit as my position is crap). there is a point where it leaves between your shins and quads but you get the idea. at the end of the day none of us can say what is best for someone else, we can only base advice we give from what we have seen/experienced, but we cant feel what the lifter is feeling

For me, ive always deadlifted better with the bar touching my body throught the whole lift, because its fair less likely to pull me forward and it makes it easier to sit back with the bar.

But that being said i suck at deadlifting.

For me, ive always deadlifted better with the bar touching my body throught the whole lift, because its fair less likely to pull me forward and it makes it easier to sit back with the bar.

yes, this is was i was trying to say lol thanks

Honesty is a real virtue, ain't it...

Nice summation Karak - lol :-D

So you guys drag the bar against your kneecaps when you deadlift?

My thumb drags up but not the bar itself. Bar will always be over the middle of the foot and generally the knee cap is behind that when the leg is straight. I think dragging the bar over the knee cap would be horrible

So you guys drag the bar against your kneecaps when you deadlift?
only ever noticed it the other night, and that was only because i had a pimple or some shit on my knee and it hurt lol and from that, im assuming that yes, the bar brushes my knees

My thumb drags up but not the bar itself. Bar will always be over the middle of the foot and generally the knee cap is behind that when the leg is straight. I think dragging the bar over the knee cap would be horrible

How do your thumbs drag over your knee cap??
I end up with bald patches on my quads (I have hairy legs) unless I use talc. But that's the only time the bar really touches my legs.

Also, this thread was full of LOLs, glad chocchillimango could straighten some people out!

just my right thumb, left hand faces the other way...
I stick my knees right out and have fairly narrow shoulders so generally my hands drag up my leg slightly. Pay attention to my right hand (nearside) it's probably easier if I just post a damn video lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgJa5qf6_fM]182.5kg derp - YouTube[/ame]