• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight Training Program

Smellymoot

Hi guys,

So I am basically here to ask for some advice as in how to incorporate other exercises into my training... I have been training in the gym properly now for 2 years ever since I stopped playing Rugby League due to work, and I have taken up body building training at a serious level now and for about a few months I havn't really seen any increase in size. This is my weekly routine every 4-6 weeks I try to change it around

Monday: Back and Biceps
Lat Pulldowns
Dumbell Rows
Deadlifts
Concentrated Curls
Straight Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls

Wednesday: Chest and Triceps
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Cable Flys
Tricep Extenstions (Flat Bench)
Tricep Rope Pushdowns
Tricep Bar Pushdown

Friday: Shoulders and Legs
Seated Dumbell Press
Front Cable Lateral Raises
Upright Rows
Squats
Romanian Deadlifts
Leg Press

Now max I have only ever been able to bench is 60kg NOT including the bar with the bar I say its about 75kg-80kg? and for my arms Im not really lifting heavy either im only starting to curl 12.5kg-15kg and on the barbells I can curl 20-25kg. I do 4 sets on each exercise aiming for 8-12 but I must say I am finding myself pyramiding in the reps, I don't know if that is a good thing or bad but I would just like some advice on how to spice up my routine a little I am only trying to focus more on my triceps now more than my biceps but I just dont feel like im lifting strong.. how long should I stick to lifting a certain weight in my routine?

as for my lower body, I can squat 80-100kg and leg press 280kg and I pyramid my way up to 280kg on the 4th set.

For the past couple months I have been really watching what I eat and I am now down from 108kg to 102-103kg but I am starting to think that is muscle even though Ive lost some body fat, I am gonna start eating abit more carbs my protein intake is great and carbs I feel like I should be intaking a little more.. i eat 6 times a day and mostly all complex carbs like eats, fruit, muesli, chicken, broccoli and etc.

If anyone can offer me any training advice on how to increase muscle mass, I have a front row rugby league build, I am fit, just would really like to look alot more builkier or mainly just gain alot more size to my muscles. what training routine or techniques would u say is good? compared to mine

Something seems not right there.
You've been training properly for 2 years.
You are a big guy, and say you're fit.
But your lifts are quite low.

When you train, do you train with intensity and push yourself to improve every workout?
Are you able to increase your weights, or are you failing on current weights?

First thing that comes to mind moot, is that
a) you're not making an effort both mentally and physically to incrementally add weight to the bar every 2 or 3 weeks.
b) your're not lifting with any intensity

Your biggest battle is in your head not your body.