• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight of the bar

X

xylene

Can someone tell me what the weight of the bar is like the large bars used for squats and stuff , i figured it was around 15kg but not too sure

any idea what the ezycurl bar would be?

when lifting iron do i take into account the weight of the bar also ? eg:20kg plates on the end plus weight of the part =X ?

thanks

Last edited:
Either 45 pounds/20kilo's, or 20 pounds/10 kilo's. Shouldn't be hard to tell which one is which.

Olympic Bar is 20kgs ? Ezy Curl is around 10kgs ? Not 100% sure though. Bars do seem to also differ from gym to gym.
include weight of bar in your plan if you want ,

easiest way to find out is to use the scales , jump on weigh yourself , grab the bar and weigh yourself again some simple subtraction and you have the weight

Every single bar in the world weighs 13.632278 kgs mate.

you must times it by 2 then add it to the weights you put on it, add 15, then dived by 1.75 to work out how much you are lifting...

Generally, a full size olympic barbell is 20kg.
An olympic curl bar is very close to 10kg.

Then you have to count the collars to, some are heavy at 2.5kg each or the spring collars are only about 1/2kg a pair.

It's simple maths.

I learnt it in 3rd year physics.

It is how you find the actual exact weight of the bar, down to the molecule.

Now if you want to know the compound and melcular synthesis of the bar just ask. It's not too difficult.

It's simple maths.

I learnt it in 3rd year physics.

It is how you find the actual exact weight of the bar, down to the molecule.

Now if you want to know the compound and melcular synthesis of the bar just ask. It's not too difficult.

Oh yeah?

Well in my spelunking engineering degree we learnt that bullshit weighs heavier than common sense, and the formula for bullshit is:

Bullshit*Planck time/(the time it takes for evolutionists to discredit creationists)

I think you are all seriously misled....

The weight of the bar will always vary.

The answer you are really looking for is the actual mass of the bar.