• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight droppers

nothintoit

LOL
LOL
LOLLLLLL

I am so annoyed at kids dropping weight on the floor, it distrracts me and doesnt put me in the zone at all.
the other day i was working out, on my own trying to lift my personal best on the incline bench, and as i went to lift the weight i hear a massive bang so i ignored it, a couple seconds later while my d/bells are half way up the d/bell this dude next to me dropped hit my foot..
Anyway i go to have a look at it and they are 15kg d/bells which means for these d/bells to make such a loud noise when they dropped on the floor this dude had to literally throw the d/bells on the floor with force!!!! i mean WTF, why would you do that...
So i look at the kid and his spotter with a confused look thinking to myself 'why would you' lol
anyway i finish up my set get up to go to the cables and i look on the floor i sh!t you not these kids had 6 pairs of d/bells around the bench they were using (12 seperate d/bells) and they were no where to be seen....
i continue on my way to the cables and i see them both on the treadmill doing cardio, so i nicley walk up to them and say 'sorry but you guys left half of the d/bell rack on the floor people cant even around them how many there are'
And they reply 'soooo, whats that to you???'
At this stage i felt like grabbing the kid by the neck and throwing him around the gym like a rag doll, yet i calmly replied 'theres signs all over the gym saying not to leave sh!t over the fall, and thats exacly what you've done, so go back and clean it'
They topped the treadmill, so i thought ohh good there going to clean it up, but nop they said 'the gym hires a cleaner and they should clean it and pick it up not us'
i just 'LOL'ed' in there face and walked off, thought stuff it i tried i didnt get anywere, yet almost killed them with my bare hands so i thought id just walk off....
so i did, i started doing the cables and looked over at them, they werent there so i figured they left, once i finished that set i see both of them walking BACK into the gym from outside and picked up all the d/bells lol, so i thought what got into them???
2 of the guys who go to the gym weighing in at about 120kg's walked up to me and said i dont think they will ever leave any type of mess on the floor ever again. so i just laughed and said thanks hahaha, not sure what they did but what ever it was it worked LMAO!!!

Long post i know sorry for that, but thought i would have a little rant about this as i hate little kids thowing weights around making loud noises like they are in an orgy, fair enough they are skinny and trying to get big i understand that COMPLETLY... but i too as well as everyone else is trying to acheive the same thing, and i too lift weight that for myself is heavy, so i understand for them the 15kg d/bell feels like its 150kg my 35kg d/bells feel like they are 150kg and for the pro's there 80kg d/bells feels like 150kg, i understand but why when i push heavy weight i never screaming like im having orgasams and drop weights???

Have some consideration for others, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I understand the frustration of stuff being left around, and sure the grunting might not be justified by the weight, but it also says something about you that you are distracted by the noise and can't get "in the zone". Go to a real gym and you will hear much louder than 15kg dumbells being dropped. In commercial gyms, which it sounds like yours is, there will always be dickheads. You can't always control what others do, but you can control how you react. The best trainers are no fuss and nothing fazes them.

yeah fair enough, nah not in one of those fitness firtst gyms, i do go to a 'real' gym were i was a bit fritened at the start because of all the big boys and girls for that matter, but have a cousine who's been going there for the past 11 years so he pretty much knows most of the people there and all off a sudden i felt a little bit safer hahahah..
I understand what you are saying but still...... its annoying.

i genuinely thought someone had seen me drop the weights tonight. whoops. but they were 60s so it was called for (i guess)

Last edited: