• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weekly Poll #16 - Squat(s) you REGULARLY perform in workout (CHECK ALL THAT APPLY)

Squat(s) you REGULARLY perform in workout

• High bar (back)squat

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Low bar (back)squat

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Front squat

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Hack squat

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other squat variation (zercher, overhead, etc. please explain)

• I don't squat

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What variation(s) of the squat do you do regularly? Feel free to explain if you want

Low bar is all that I'm doing atm while on smolov.

In the past have done high bar, front squat, hack squat, single leg squats as well.

The only ones I wouldn't go back to are probably barbell hack squats.. my ass gets in the way so I just don't do them anymore.

Primarily squat low bar because I can shift more weight that way. Often mix front squats in because I would like to develop my Oly lifts more over time.

High bar back squat, Split squat, O/head split squat, front squat, single leg squat (pistol squat) are the main squat variation exercises I perform.

Just high bar, regularly. Works a whole bunch of stuff, easy to keep track of, and I do other things that work dem legs (and hips/butt) anyway.

Occasionally, I'll muck around with front squats after power cleans, or do some zerchers because I feel like it. :)

I don't squat. :(
surprised-gasp.png

disgusted-oh-god-why-text.png

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.png

angry-eternal-contempt.png

El Freako, didn't you have a severe injury or back problem?

I high bar back squat exclusively as that provides all the squatting I need.

I can't lock out a squat or dead at the moment. Not a severe injury and hopefully something that will be fixed soon... once we work out exactly what the problem is. More dry-needling for my hammy and back tomorrow...

BENCHMONSTER-MODE: INITIATED

I can't lock out a squat or dead at the moment. Not a severe injury and hopefully something that will be fixed soon... once we work out exactly what the problem is. More dry-needling for my hammy and back tomorrow...

All the best on getting fixed up!

i don't squat because i can't squat. i cant get low enough anymore because i have mangled hips, glutes hams and lower back and i'm having some problem with my left ham and glute which i'm getting checked out this morning.

leg workouts for me have been 20 mins of life cycle, light high rep leg extensions and stretching. a few sets of hammer v-squats if i feeling good. can't do much more than that. calves are about the only part of the legs i can hit hard right now.

when i get back to squatting i'm going to give front squats a go. they felt better for me in the past. also keen to try overhead squats. really looking forward to try some different things for leg training. i must start doing SLDL's again but unfortunately, doing my back last year and tearing my hamstring in that exercise about 7 years ago i have developed a fear of any exercise that that involves bending over and my mind is now programmed this way that i never bend over to pick anything up, i always squat down. i think has has contributed to my poor flexibility in the lower body and re-occurring quad and hamstring problems. overall i'm stiff as a board....yes even there too ;)

me too. see you there. :)