• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Warm ups and attempts for deadlift only

Interesting. Noticing a common theme then with the very easy opener

Of course! You want that easy opener to stay in the competition. Your crazy to open with your 100% max, why take the chance of bombing?

Im pretty much doing what Sticky has put down, open with 300, 312.5 den 400.....

I usually go like this..

opener = something I can tripple.
2nd = 5kg over last PR and a back injury
3rd = still lying on an ice pack

Try to not do that.

Doing a dead only comp Sunday also, good discussion guys.

I'm aiming for 260+, hit 240 for a single twice last week, first was horrible, rested a few minutes then hit it again with much better speed, so 240 will be my opener then going straight to 260 so I have at least two attempts.

I always open low (round 40kg less than my 2nd attempt). I treat my opener as my last warmup single. I feel it's important to get an easy confident opener in.
For me I'd go:
60kg x 5
100kg x 4
140kg x 3
180kg x 1
220kg x 1
260kg x 1
300kg x 1 (opener)
~340kg x 1 (2nd)
2nd attempt weight plus a little bit x fail, cause I'm only good for one big pull haha.

My advice would be to stick to what you do in training ie. if you're used to big jumps do big jumps in the comp but if you're only used to small jumps then stick with small jumps in the comp.
Good luck dude!

If i was going for 250 i would go 120 x 5 170 x 2 200 x 1 1st 210 2nd 230 3rd 250. bigger jumps and lower openers are always better. Hedging your bets by opening higher and doing smaller jumps is just you preparing yourself to fail and keep a decent number on the board.

Someone give this man a kiss!

And Liam the % are 85, 93.5 & 100 with last warm up being around 75