• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

walking walking walking

R

reecez

hi guys, need some advice....
im currently 6.0ft tall and about 93kgs,
were i work ( security guard at the adelaide central markets) i currently walk about 7 hours a day minimum, 5-6 days a week.
im trying to lose weight and since i work around fruit and veg all day my diets alot better,
my problem though is since i walk so much during the day should i be doing high intensity cardio when im at the gym or just stick to weight training, i dont want to over work my legs or over do the cardio .

opinions anyone???

thanks in advance

reece

You might be walking 6-7 hr but it would be low intensity. So hit the gym at night and work those legs hard.

I used to do security work, did alot of walking but like Shrek says its all low intensity.
My legs and feet used to ache but as a work out its nothing. Do not count it in your workout routine!
Mike

Used to work in retail and found that working legs was really important after standing all day. Helps get the circulation going again, prevents fluid in your extremities and will actually help with those aches and pains.

thanks guys started back doing squats and you were rite breebree not as much pain when walking now ( not to mention ive lost a few kgs) which takes some weight of those legs haha

I know this sounds a bit grandma, but when you are on your feet a lot, compression socks help too. I used to wear the pantihose version, but since I'm assuming that's not your thing, you can get proper socks from chemist and Athlete's Foot.